Tools for the Profession
- When Retirement Gets Personal. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p72
Interviews four financial planning professionals in the United States regarding their approach to retirement planning. Status of the retirement of Cicily Maton of Aequus Wealth Management Resources; Retirement plans of Michael Stein; Concerns about retirement of Richard Roland; Advice of Colin...
- Cicily and Michelle Maton: A Mother-Daughter Partnership. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p87
Cites the success of Cicily and Michelle Maton, a mother and daughter team, in the financial planning profession. Comments from Cicily Maton; Similarities between the two; Background information on the Matons' involvement in the financial planning sector.
- Help Clients Face Tough Transitions. MOREY STETTNER // Investors Business Daily;7/14/2014, pA07
Soon after she became a financial adviser in the mid-1980s, Cicily Maton met a 21-year-old client who had suddenly inherited a substantial sum. He sought Maton's advice on what to do next.
- Lawyer proofing your advice. Resnik, Paul // Money Management;11/11/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p16
Discusses the need for financial planners in Australia to give advice in the best interests of clients in order to avoid litigation. Ramifications of the Financial Services Reform Act (FSRA); Proofs that advisers need to work through with each client; Articles warning advisers and licensees...
- Is your Web site working for you or against you? // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2005 Supplement, Vol. 18, p10
The article focuses on effective Web site marketing and principals of Web site design. The author examined the Web sites of 25 financial planners and critiqued these sites. The author suggests that financial planners keep their Web site designs clear and clean; provide information about a...
- Talkbiznow brings online storefront to the masses with the launch of Webstore. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/21/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p20
The article evaluates the Webstore interactive marketing tool from Talkbiznow.
- Driving force. // Money Marketing;10/26/2011, p8
The article reports on creating a consistent review service that will build value and ensure one's clients' financial engine is running smoothly. A review service important because financial advice is no longer about selling a product or providing the initial advice. Its value will be eroded...
- Boxed in. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;12/4/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p12
The article discusses the issue concerning the state of the level of litigation related to financial planning in Australia. It cites the increase in the number of clients who have sued financial planners due to the losses incurred in the market meltdown in 2008. It also views on the move of...
- Planning for Windfalls. Kristof, Kathy // Financial Planning;Sep2014, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p71
The article discusses the effort of Aequus Wealth Management Resources in aiding clients on financial problems linked to legal or divorce settlements, wealth inheritance and lump-sum retirement distribution through its clinical psychologist. Topics covered include Aequus founder Cicily Maton...