Broad Logic Offers Up a Wideband Chip
- Making Its Mark. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on CableLabs Inc.'s projects designed to promote broadband applications of cable technology in the U.S. DOCSIS 2.0 certification; Advances in home networking technology; Technology milestones for PacketCable; Common platforms and interfaces for video-on-demand. INSET: CableLabs to...
- Vendors make initial run at DOCSIS 2.0, CableHome 1.0. // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the launch of certification wave 24 at CableLabs Inc. Move of Com21 Incs and Terayon to submit cable modem termination systems for DOCSIS 2.0 specification; Impact of multimedical terminal adapters on DOCSIS 1.1; Functions of the certification wave.
- A cable-computer convergence. Duffy, Caroline A. // PC Week;11/14/94, Vol. 11 Issue 45, pN/1
Reveals that several computer and networking companies have banded with cable-television firms to form the Cable/Information Technology Convergence Forum. CableLabs as organizer of the forum; Delivery of advanced broadband cable network services.
- DOCSIS Isn't Done With Supporting Data Business. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;3/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p23
Focuses on an update on broadband cable-modem system Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) given by technology consortium Cable Television Laboratories Inc. Advantages of DOCSIS 2.0 over DOCSIS 1.0; Number of DOCSIS 1.0 products shipped in 2002; Decrease in cost of cable modems.
- DVR/PVR threats and opportunities. // CED;Nov2004, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p62
This article presents information on threats and opportunities for digital video recorders (DVRs) and personal video recorders. The opportunities that have succeeded up to now, like DVRs, have been centered in the consumer electronics arena, because CE manufacturers have developed devices that...
- Go2Broadband adds digital, HD support. // CED;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p10
Reports that CableLabs Inc. has added digital video and high-definition television capabilities to its Go2Broadband service locator. Availability; Key features; Pros and cons.
- CableLabs studies fixed wireless as extension cord to businesses. Dawson // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p37
Reports on cable industry advancements towards the use of fixed-wireless broadband technology as a means of extending the industry's infrastructure into the business sector. Strategic position of Cable Television Laboratories Inc. towards developing the system; Promotion of new wireless...
- The Need for Speed. Netherby, Jennifer // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/16/2008, Vol. 404 Issue 39, p31
The article focuses on the upgrade of broadband architecture to wideband, Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS 3.0), by cable operators. It states that CableLabs Inc. is to announce the first certification for the higher-speed DOCSIS 3.0 modems in the National Cable and...
- New players, advanced apps mark latest DOCSIS trials. Menezes // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p47
Reports on Louisville, Colorado-based Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s testing of modem-based equipment for cable television and broadband services as of November 1, 1999. Testing of the products' compliance with the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification 1.0 interoperability...