Malone, Murdoch Eye U.K. Programmer
- Rupe gets a royal boost. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;9/7/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the announcement of billionaire Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Abdulaziz al-Saud that he boosted his stake in News Corp. Increase in the stocks of the media conglomerate; Move of the company to extend indefinitely a shareholder rights plan; Plans of the prince to purchase...
- RUPE TROOPS TO MIDEAST. Jaafar, Ali // Daily Variety;3/14/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the launching of the two English -language, free-to-air sateasters by News Corp. in Saudi Arabia. The television channels will be put up in the region before the end of 2008 in partnership with Saudi Price Al-Walled Bin Talal's regional media company Rotana. It is stated...
- Germany's Kirch talks to potential investors. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;09/28/98, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p4
Reports on News Corp. Mediaset and Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud's negotiation to acquire a share in Kirch Group of Germany. Kirch's considering of the plan to sell equity stakes to other European media companies such as Canal Plus; Overview on the ownership dispute...
- Arab sheik, Murdoch joining forces for MGM. Peers, Martin // Variety;6/10/96, Vol. 363 Issue 6, p6
Reports that Prince al-Waleed bin Talal, the Arabian sheik with holdings in Euro-Disney and Italian television conglomerate Mediaset, has teamed up with News Corp. in the bidding for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch's public disavowal of any interest in MGM; Prince's...
- It's All a Matter of Bias. Isikoff, Michael // Newsweek;12/30/2002-1/6/2003, Vol. 141 Issue 1, p14
Describes a meeting with Saudi Arabian Prince Al-Walid bin Talal. Decision of former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to refuse his offer of monetary aid following the September 11 terrorist attacks; His belief that Jews and Zionists had infiltrated the United States government; His...
- Teledesic gains $200m investment. // RCR;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p26
Reports that Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin AbdulAziz Alsaud of Saudi Arabia, has investment $200 million in Teledesic the `Internet-in-the-Sky' satellite communications venture of primary investors Craig McCaw and Bill Gates. Why Alwaleed invested in the company; Comments from Alwaleed; What...
- Princely investment. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;01/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Notes Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaleed bin Talal's purchase of 1% of Motorola as well as other communications and technology stocks.
- Netscape's Prince has come. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;12/01/97, Vol. 4 Issue 42, p8
Reveals that Prince al-Waleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia has acquired a five percent stake in Netscape Communications Corporation. Value of the prince fortune; Identification of other companies the price has stakes in; Information on an announcement released by the prince's office in Saudi.
- The prince and the portfolio. Macleod, Scott // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/15/97, Issue 50, p112
Focuses on Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz al Saud and his business investment strategy. The growth of his wealth from 1980 to the present; A listing of investments, including Citicorp, Disneyland Paris, Apple, Planet Hollywood, and Donna Karan; His appetite for luxury.