Cable Launches Fall Must-Carry Offensive
- Broadcaster: Keep Must-Carry As Is. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the stand of Spanish broadcaster Entravision Holdings Inc. on broadening the carriage rules for digital television. Demand of several television stations in the U.S. for a U.S. federal rule to require cable systems to carry their multiple digital-programming services in an expansion...
- BC EYE. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/08/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p4
Presents news briefs related to television broadcasting in the United States, as of January 8, 2001. WABC's expected launching of a digital broadcast service in New York; United States Federal Communications Commission's scheduled voting on several digital television issues; USA Networks'...
- Closed circuit. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 47, p17
Presents news items related to broadcast television and cable television in the United States as of November 15, 1999. Includes price for KRON television station; Federal grant received by General Electric, its NBC subsidiary and Thomson Consumer Electronics to improve digital TV receivers and...
- ITV drops separate digital sales plans as Platt takes over. // Campaign;10/02/98, Issue 40, p3
Reports that the Independent Television (ITV) cable network television will set up a sales committee which will consist of representatives from its three sale houses, instead of establishing a sale force for its digital terrestrial channel, ITV2. Who will chair the committee; Information on ITV2.
- 'MUST' BUST. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the move of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to ban television stations from demanding cable carriage of multiple digital television services in February 2005. Ruling with regard to the carriage of analog and digital services of television stations; Efforts of the...
- I won't if you don't. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the competition between local television stations with respect to the incorporation of new technology. Belief that stations will not add the latest technology unless the competition does; Discussion of the implementation of high definition broadcasting; Plans proposed to deliver...
- Symphonies Nos. 1-61. Scott, Phillip // Fanfare: The Magazine for Serious Record Collectors;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p416
No abstract available.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 49, p15
Presents updates on the cable television networks market in North Carolina as of December 6, 2004. Television revenue rank; Top commercial television stations; Number of alternative delivery systems subscribers.
- VH1 Classic Adds Box Sets. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;1/24/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the efforts by the VH1 Classic cable network to boost its audience with longer form programming. Launching of the network's vintage music series, including "Yo MTV Raps" and "Pop Up Video," in the third quarter of 2005; Plan by the network to air programming blocks or box sets around...