C-SPAN Books a Ride
- Book TV. // Multimedia Schools;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the offerings of the television program `BOOK TV' shown every weekend on the C-SPAN cable television network.
- Book 'em, C-SPAN 2. Petrozello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/07/98, Vol. 128 Issue 37, p49
Focuses on the launching of `Book TV,' a weekend television program of C-SPAN 2 Networks. Coverage of the show; Highlights of the show.
- Book TV gets thumbs up from trade. Smith, Shaun // Quill & Quire;Nov99, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p23
Announces the launching of the television show 'Book TV' aired over Bravo cable television network. Features of the show; Benefits of the show to the publishing industry; Time slot of the show.
- Laura: Read, don't watch. J.E. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/9/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 29, p4
Announces the July 9, 2001 airing of the interview of United States First Lady Laura Bush for the 'American Writers' series of the television program 'Book TV' on C-SPAN cable television network. Preference on book reading.
- C-SPAN networks: C-Span 'Presidential Timeline Giveaway.' // Multichannel News;4/7/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p6
Focuses on the Golden Beacon Award given to C-SPAN Networks by Cable Television Public Affairs Association. Public-affairs initiative taken by the company; Educational programs developed by C-SPAN in partnership with its cable operator affiliates; Web site designed by C-SPAN's educational...
- C-SPAN BOSSES CUT CAKE. // Multichannel News;8/23/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p6
The article reports that Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network (C-SPAN) held a party in 2010, attended by chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Lamb, president Rob Kennedy and co-president Susan Swain, to celebrate their service to 100 million television homes in the U.S.
- 2010 ACC Beacon Awards. // Multichannel News;9/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p12
The article offers information on the 2010 Association of Cable Communicators (ACC) Beacon Awards in the U.S. It mentions that the awards would recognize the best cable communications and public affairs networks and companies across the country. It states that C-SPAN Video Library site had won...
- C-SPAN, Brian Lamb's Baby. Edwards, Julia // National Journal;9/15/2012, p17
An interview with Brian Lamb of Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network (C-SPAN) is presented. When asked about how he developed his interview style, he says that he learned it from his broadcasting teacher in high school. Lamb says that he became involved in the cable-television industry due to...
- C-SPAN Works Through Major Upgrade. Kovacs, Bob // Government Video;Nov2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p14
The article offers information on the development and system improvisation of Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network (C-SPAN). It states that it was created by the cable television industry in 1979 as a nonprofit educational organization funded by cable companies across the U.S. It mentions that...