MELVIN WATT'S HIGH-VOLTAGE IMPACT
- MEL WATT: THE KAITZ ADVOCATE HONOREE. Killam-Williams, Sherri // Television Week;9/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p18
Features U.S. Representative Mel Watt (D.-N.C), recipient of the Diversity Advocate Award from the Walter Kaitz Foundation to be presented at its annual dinner in New York City on September 14, 2005. Role of the private sector in fostering diversity in the workplace according to Watt;...
- Lots of ACEs. RB // Broadcasting & Cable;9/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 37, p24
Reports on the National Academy of Cable Programming's receipt of a record 2,210 entries for the 16th Annual CableACE Awards competition. Contest schedule.
- Nets wear best for CableACEs. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;11/7/95, Vol. 339 Issue 37, p4
Reports that cable networks will showcase programming nominated for CableACE awards during a `Bonanza of the Best' week from November 26 to December 2, 1995. Announcement of winners of 17th annual CableACE Awards on TNT; Comments of National Academy of Cable Programming (NACP) executive...
- Past Honorees. // Multichannel News;9/30/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p52A
Presents a list of Operator of the Year Award winners from 1988 to 2001. Company that won the award for three consecutive years from 1988-90; Year in which Viacom Cable won the award; Company that received the award in 1995.
- 5 Golden CableACE finalists picked. // Electronic Media;08/18/97, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p20
Reports that the five finalists were announced for the Golden CableACE Award in August 1997, by the National Academy of Cable Programming in the United States. Details on the five finalists.
- Record entries for CableACE awards. // Electronic Media;08/25/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p24
Reports that the organizers of the 19th Annual CableACE awards count a record 2,515 entries. Comparison of the amount of entries for 1997 to those for 1996; Who entries were received from; When the nominees will be named; Television station the awards will be aired on.
- Shandling, Fuchs trump CableACE awards show. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;12/4/95, Vol. 350 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the 1995 Annual CableACE Awards night. Praise received by former HBO chairman Michael Fuchs; Award for `Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher'; Garry Shandling as best entertainment host; Best actor award for the late Raul Julia; Domination of awards by HBO.
- Maher elects for discretion. Davies, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter;12/4/95, Vol. 350 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the winners in the 1995 annual CableACE Awards. Plans of best talk-show series winner Bill Maher to cover the election in 1996; First CableACE victory for fX Networks; `Bittersweet' win for `Tales From the Crypt' make-up team member Ashlee Petersen; Paula Jai Parker as best actress...
- List of winners. // Hollywood Reporter;12/4/95, Vol. 350 Issue 5, p6
Presents the list of winners in the 1995 annual CableACE Awards. Includes Paula Jai Parker; `The Larry Sanders Show'; Raul Juli; `Dr. Seuss' Daisy-Head Mayzie'; Jane Wallace; `Inside the Dream Factory'; `KNOWTV: Changing What, Why and How You Watch'; Kay Koplovitz; Elton John.