Comedy Central Reups With 'South Park' Team
- Laughing all the way to the bank. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;05/04/98, Vol. 128 Issue 19, p98
States that the co-creators and co-executive producers of Comedy Central's animated strip `South Park,' were contracted to produce 40 additional episodes. How sales of `South Park,' will be distributed among Trey Parker and Matt Stone; Value of sales recorded in fourth quarter 1997; Value of...
- Will Kenny die for good? Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 17, p38
Reports on the efforts of Comedy Central to extend its contract with `South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Attempts by other networks and production companies to convince Parker and Stone to produce television series for them; Possibility that Parker and Stone will halt the show.
- `South Park' Creators Renew at Comedy Central. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the decision of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of the cartoon series `South Park,' to stick to Comedy Central. Comedy Central's signing of a multimillion-dollar, three-year exclusive development deal with Parker and Stone; Terms of the contract.
- `South Park' stays put. Ault, Suzanne // Broadcasting & Cable;05/08/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p76
Reports that creativity was the main factor considered in keeping `South Park' television program creators, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, at Comedy Central. Characters of the animated series which will be retained; Stake to be received by Stone and Parker in the show's syndication; Ratings...
- South Park: Sliding into success. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;02/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p35
Focuses on the success of the television (TV) program `South Park' at the Comedy Central cable TV network. Comments from Trey Parker and Matt Stone, co-creators of the program; Inspiration for the series; Characters in the program.
- They haven't killed Kenny. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p8
Reports that Comedy Central has signed `South Park' creative team Matt Stone and Trey Parker to a multimillion agreement that also calls for the duo to produce a live-action series for the cable network by mid-2001. Agreement by the network to give the duo a larger share of its show...
- 'SOUTH' TURNS 10. D'Alessandro, Anthony // Daily Variety;9/26/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 59, p11
The article presents information on the cable television network Comedy Central's 10th anniversary celebration party of their award-winning animated television series "South Park," at Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. Celebrating into the party were Comedy Central toppers Doug Herzog and...
- New wrinkles for broadcast. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;8/11/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 45, p2
The article discusses the increase in the average viewer age of the four major broadcasters including American Broadcasting Co., CBS Television Network, and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.
- Diverse auds just want to be shown the money. Phillips, Braden // Variety;04/26/99, Vol. 374 Issue 10, p36
Describes characteristics of the CNBC television network's viewers. Linkage of CNBC's growth to the rise of the stock market; Educational attainment of average viewers; CNBC's viewership outside the home; Ratings of CNBC's programs; Income profile of CNBC viewers.