Cox System Auction Nears Wrapup
- Cox buys into smaller markets. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/17/99, Vol. 129 Issue 21, p10
Reports on Cox Communications Inc.'s acquisitions of systems in smaller markets in the United States. Purchase of TCA Cable TV Inc.; Markets being eyed by Cox; Business strategies of the company according to James Robbins, Cox chairman; Features of the acquisition deals involving TCA and Media...
- Cox picks up TCA. Schober, David // Telephony;05/17/99, Vol. 236 Issue 20, p10
Announces the acquisition of TCA Cable TV by Cox Communications. Value of the deal; Services to be offered by the merged company; Expectations from both firms; Plans of the combined company.
- Cable companies: Let's make a deal. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;05/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p9
Reports on mergers and acquisitions among cable companies in the United States. Cox Communications Inc.'s acquisition of TCA Cable TV; Microsoft Corp.'s negotiation with Cable & Wireless Inc. to buy more than 30 percent of its British cable holdings; Factors driving the merger activity.
- So Long to a Cable Business Legend. Paskowski, Marianne // Television Week;12/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p16
The article focuses on the plan of Jim Robbins, recipient of the Cable TV Lifetime Achievement award from the periodical "TelevisionWeek," to retire from Cox Communications as CEO. There are speculations that the sale of the firm's acquired TCA Cable influenced the decision of Robbins. The...
- TCA purchases cable system. // Hollywood Reporter;12/22/95, Vol. 340 Issue 18, p18
Reports from Texas that TCA Cable TV Incorporated said that it has completed the purchase of the cable system serving 29,000 customers in Alexandria, Los Angeles. What the purchase brings.
- Rushes. // Hollywood Reporter;5/12/95, Vol. 337 Issue 12, p14
Reports on TCA Cable TV Inc.'s acquisition of two cable systems in Arkansas.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;8/9/93, Vol. 123 Issue 32, p50
Reports on TCA Cable TV's plan to buy 50,000 of Scientific-Atlanta's 86000X cable boxes. Features of the boxes; Nondisclosure of amount.
- TCA Cable TV pact. // Hollywood Reporter;8/29/95, Vol. 338 Issue 37, p12
Reports on the purchase agreement of TCA Cable TV Inc. and Time Warner Entertainment-Advance/Newhouse Partnership for the assets of a cable system serving Alexandria and Pineville, Louisiana.
- Media Wire. // MediaWeek;05/17/99, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p6
Presents news briefs about media in the United States. Appointment of Jack Kliger as president and chief executive officer of Hachette Filipacchi Magazines; Acquisition of TCA Cable TV by Cox Communications Inc.; Number of cable subscribers added to DirecTV for April 1999.