Who'll Right the MSNBC Ship?
- News topper ankling NBC. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/7/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the announcement of Neal Shapiro that he will step down as president of NBC News in the U.S. Replacement of Shapiro on an interim basis with senior vice president Steve Capus; Executives considered for the position; Plans of the company to merge some of the operations of its cable...
- NBC: A busy newsgatherer. Gough, Paul J.; Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/12/2007 Weekend Edition, Vol. 400, p2
The article offers information on the facility of the company NBC News at Universal City in Manhattan, New York City, which is under construction and will be in operation in the year 2011. The facility will provide the latest in digital and high-definition production facilities and unite the...
- NBC News ups Capus, Reiss. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/7/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 24, p8
The article reports that NBC News made a pair of key staff changes Monday, promoting "Nightly News," executive producer Steve Capus to the number two spot in the division and naming his deputy John Reiss to replace him. He replaces Bill Wheatley, who retired in April. The announcement was made...
- Olympics Mag, More Interaction Promised to Affils. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p22
Provides information on the television program projects of NBC News discussed by its executives and affiliates advisory board during a meeting held in New York. Development of the magazine show "The Olympics Zone"; Increase in the number of affiliates of the digital local weather network NBC...
- Keeping NBC News in top form. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p1
Reports the impact of the appointment of Neal Shapiro as president on NBC News in the United States. Working background of Shapiro; Business condition of NBC News; Interview of Yankees manager Joe Torre with Electronic Media.
- NBC keeps balance after the Olympics. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;3/8/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 34, p21
The article offers information on the television programs of National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC) which stated to balance its viewership rating after the Winter Olympics as well.
- Peacock in position for bronze. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;2/24/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 26, p5
The article discusses television viewership ratings of television channels such as Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) television network, National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC), and American Broadcasting Co. (ABC).
- BRIEFLY NOTED. // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p4
Presents news related to television industry as of December 2, 2002. Increase in network television advertising expenditure; Establishment of an investigative reporting unit by NBC News; Commitment of the Travel Channel to various episodes of a documentary series that will follow the...
- More March madness. Brownworth, Victoria A. // Bay Area Reporter;3/18/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p20
The article offers information related to television programs including the franchise of the television show "Law & Order: SVU," form the National Broadcasting Company Inc. (NBC) which is also considered as a guilty pleasure, and the program "Desperate ," from American Broadcasting Co.