Fox Sports en Ingles
- The Latino PLAYING Field. Morales, Magaly // Multichannel News;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p58
Features several national cable networks that offer Spanish-language sports shows among Hispanic viewers. Increase in the number of national sports networks which target Hispanic audiences; Statement issued by Joe Schramm, president of Schramm Sports & Entertainment, on sports; National...
- Hispanic market ripe for cable industry. Galetto, Mike // Electronic Media;09/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p23
States that the United States (U.S.) Hispanic market has potential for cable programmers and operators. Difficulties with the industry; Key to harnessing growth inthe insustry; Forecasted growth of U.S. Hispanic market; Details on the issue.
- Going Mainstream. Clark, Tim; Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;10/28/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p10B
Discusses moves of cable operators in the U.S. to market more effectively to the U.S. Latinos who are influencing much of American life. Median age of the U.S. Hispanic population; Cable penetration growth in the country; Signs of cable's growing interest in Latino markets.
- Weather Plans Spanish Spinoff. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on plans of The Weather Channel (TWC) to launch a domestic Spanish-language digital network for Hispanics. Employment of staff involved in Latin American networks by TWC for the creation of the service; Need of distributors for the launch of the service; Difference between...
- Cox courts Latinos with channel pack. Anderson, Kathleen; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/21/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 38, p16
This article reports that cable operator Cox Communications Inc. on Monday unveiled a new cable package for Hispanic American customers, Paquete Latino, which for $34.95 a month gives customers access to as many as 35 Spanish language channels. Channels offered include Tele-futura, Azteca...
- Fox Sports Net may give ESPN run for money. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p3
Predicts that Fox Sports Net, a national sports television network, could challenge ESPN for advertising dollars. Information on Fox Sports Net; Information on the creation of the network; Focus of Fox Sports Net; Detailed information on the challenge of the network to ESPN.
- Fox Sports Net debuts Nov. 1. C.L. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/21/96, Vol. 126 Issue 44, p48
Focuses on the scheduled launch of FoxSports Net on November 1, 1996 with the debut of `Fox Sports News.' Number of regional channels comprising Fox Sports Net; Time slot for `Fox Sports News'; Guests on the show.
- Heating Up On-Screen. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/28/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p12B
Focuses on the competition of the Spanish language networks in the U.S. markets brought on by the realization that Latinos represent an important market for advertisers. Benefits of the interest of advertisers in these networks; Coverage of the Hispanic market by Spanish networks; Domination of...
- FOX RACES FOR SPEEDVISION. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/23/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 17, p16
Reports on Fox Sports' bid for the remaining interest in Speedvision and Outdoor Life it does not already own. Terms of Fox's bid for the cable television networks.