ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY
- The Restoration Of New Orleans. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p24
The article focuses on the effect of Hurricane Katrina on the facilities and employees of cable company Cox Communications Inc. in New Orleans, Louisiana. Cox had to restore its system of cable wires and electronics to serve its remaining customers in the state. The company sent a doctor from...
- Cable Upping HD as Revenue Growth Ebbs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/30/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p12
The article reports on the plan of multiple system cable TV operators (MSOs) to advance high-definition (HD) platforms come 2008 in a bid to address the decline in subscriber growth and increased competition from satellite and telephone carriers. Cox Communications is providing five free...
- Showdown in Bristol County. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the competition between cable companies Cox Communications and Verizon in Bristol County, Rhode Island. History of the conflict between the companies; Unwritten laws of the cable industry; Views on the conflict.
- Stocks Bounce Back, with Charter's Help. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on the recovery of cable television companies in the United States following a tailspin before the week of August 7, 2000. Impact of the revenue generating units of Cox Communications; Percentage increase in the earnings of Charter Communications.
- A Good Week for Kids as Three Cable Initiatives Get Promoted. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the child-centered initiatives taken by cable operators Cox Communications, Charter Communications and the History Channel as of January 20, 2003. Deal signed by Cox with Connecting with Kids Network; Campaign of the History Channel at middle and high schools; Mission of Charter's...
- R.I. Greenlights Verizon's FiOS Service. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the appeal of incumbent cable operators against the decision of the Rhode Island Division of Public Utilities and Carriers granting a more attractive operating certificate to Verizon Communications Inc.'s FiOS TV video service. Incumbent operators such as Cox...
- SoapNet surfaces on Charter, Cox. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/29/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 49, p8
Reports that Disney/ABC Cable Networks has signed an agreement with Charter Communications and Cox Communications for its 24-hour soap opera channel SoapNet.
- WEATHERING A FIRESTORM. Neel, K.C. // Multichannel News;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on fire-disaster aid provided by cable television providers Charter Communications, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable for victims of the forest fire in Southern California. The cable companies began replacing cables and fiber damaged by the fire to resume service to...
- Katrina Remembered:. // CableFAX Daily;8/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 167, p1
This article reports on the cable television companies in the U.S. that are marking the 1-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Cox is one of the hardest hit of the hurricane which wrought heavy damage in New Orleans, Louisiana in September 2005. Cox employees will be wearing blue silicone...