Mystery of the cliff dwellers
- For More Information. McIntosh, Kenneth // Pueblo (1-59084-676-1);2003, p92
The section presents a list of Web sites about Pueblo Indians.
- Glossary. McIntosh, Kenneth // Pueblo (1-59084-676-1);2003, p93
The section presents a list of definition of terms related to Pueblo Indians.
- PINWORM IN A COPROLITE. // dig;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p33
Features a prehistoric female pinworm that was found in an ancient Pueblo coprolite. Archaeological records showing that the ancient Pueblo Indians were more heavily infected with pinworms than any other known population; Relation between the number of pinworm eggs in coprolites and the...
- Pueblo peoples of the Rio Grande. Bishop, Amanda; Kalman, Bobbie // Nations of the Southwest;2003, p12
This article provides information on the Pueblo peoples of the Rio Grande. Many Pueblo peoples lived in villages along the Rio Grande and its tributaries. Each village had its own name, such as Taos, Jemez, or Zia. Although the people of the Rio Grande pueblos spoke different languages, they had...
- Geographica: Anasazi Rope. Rollins, John B. // National Geographic;Jan2005, Vol. 207 Issue 1, Preceeding p1
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Geographica: Anasazi Rope," in the September, 2004 issue.
- After A.D. 750. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Oct2009, Issue 10, p16
Information on the Anasazi who started to live in kivas after A.D. 750 is presented.
- Southwest Cultures. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Aug2009, Issue 8, p34
Information on Southwest Cultures of ancient times which include three major American civilizations, the Anasazi, the Hohokam, and the Mogollon, is presented.
- VALLEY OF MYSTERY. Clark, Neil M. // Saturday Evening Post;3/25/1950, Vol. 222 Issue 39, p40
This article features the Monument Valley, which crosses the Utah-Arizona line in the Navajo Reservation. Scientists have long considered this area a focal center for Indian populations of the cliff-dwelling, early-pueblo-building type. Writings of the Old People, the Anasazis, were found in...
- Pueblo rock art. // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p95
Describes the Earthwatch project led by Sally Cole (US Bureau of Land Management), into the paintings and petroglyphs ranging in time from early in the hunter-gatherer period to that of the 14th century Anasazi in the Grand Gulch Primitive Area, Utah. History of the project; Related interests;...
- Repatriation at the Pueblo of Zuni: Diverse Solutions to Complex Problems. Ferguson, T. J.; Anyon, Roger; Ladd, Edmund J. // American Indian Quarterly;Spring96, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p251
Focuses on the Pueblo of Zuni organization in relation to the repatriation of cultural property and human remains. Indepth look at the Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act of 1990; Information on Pueblo of Zuni's efforts to recover stolen human remains and culture; Examination...