Chapter 2: Navigating the Mentoring Process in a Research-Based Teacher Development Project: A Situated Learning Perspective
- Churchie Middle School prominent old boys project. Bell, David // Australian Journal of Middle Schooling;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p52
The article explains the Prominent Old Boys Project by the Churchie Middle School Leaders (MSLs) of Churchie School in Brisbane, Queensland every semester, which connects successful alumni, popularly called 'Old Boys', with the middle year boys. The project aims to provide larger exposure to the...
- High school mentors help younger students through teenage... // Curriculum Review;Feb91, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p14
Provides information on the mentoring program of Washington-Lee High School. Aims and goal of the program; How the program help youths deal with their personal problems.
- Community Engagement and Empowerment Network (CEEN) to celebrate mentors and mentees from Blackburn and Nichols Middle Schools. // Jackson Advocate;2/7/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 18, p2A
The article reports on the induction of members of the Community Engagement and Empowerment Network (CEEN) to 33 mentees as Black Belt Ambassadors and 21 mentors into the Distinguished Volunteer Hall of Honor from Blackburn and Nichols Middle Schools in Mississippi. INSET: CEEN Inaugural...
- Mentoring: Perspectives of physical education graduate students from diverse cultural backgrounds. Hodge, Samuel R. // Physical Educator;Early Winter97, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p181
Provides supportive evidence of the importance of mentoring in teacher education in physical education an as related to cultural diversity. Research on mentoring in general teacher education; Mentoring in graduate schools; Mentoring in sport and physical education; Mentoring students of color.
- Opportunities. Circle, David // Music Educators Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p2
Reflects on the opportunities brought by the 2004 school year to music teachers in the U.S. Advantage of the school year to new students; Importance of mentoring programs to retain and assist young music teachers in the profession; Information on the National Anthem project to be organized by...
- A Mentoring Model for Management in Sport and Physical Education. Weaver, Margie A.; Chelladurai, Packianathan // Quest (00336297);Feb99, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p24
Examines the implication of mentoring for management in sport and physical education. Correlation between mentoring and career mobility and personal achievement; Role of physical education organizations in facilitating mentoring programs; Importance of gender on mentoring relationship.
- The Evolving Role of a Mathematics Coach During the Implementation of Performance Standards. Obara, Samuel; Sloan, Margaret // Professional Educator;Fall2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p11
The primary goal of this study was to investigate the role of the mathematics coach at Tabaka Middle School during the school's implementation of the Georgia Performance Standards through the utilization of Connected Mathematics Project materials. The study explores the coach's emergent...
- A Supported Learning Journey into Indigenous Literacy. Spaans, Hayley // Literacy Learning: The Middle Years;Feb2010, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p53
This article is the result of the author's participation in the 'Literacy learning partnerships for Indigenous education: An action learning project', a project organised by the Australian Literacy Educators' Association. The purposes of the project are to recognise and support early career...
- Phenomenologically Researching the Lecturer-Student Teacher Relationship: Some Challenges Encountered. Giles, David // Indo-Pacific Journal of Phenomenology;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
The teacher-student relationship has long been of primary concern to educators and the focus of much educational research. While various theoretical understandings of this relationship exist, ontological understandings of the lived experiences of this relationship are not so prevalent, and there...