- History Mystery Answer. // Air Power History;Fall2015, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p61
The article reports on world flight by United States Army Air Service Douglas World Cruisers named "Chicago" and "New Orleans" in 1924 and mentions display of these airplanes at National Air and Space Museum and Museum of Flying in Santa Monica, California.
- Asia-Pacific. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/4/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p21
Reports the joint Australian-American attempt to fly around the world nonstop. Details on the joint project; Members of the team.
- Gulfstream V World Tour '97. George, Fred // Business & Commercial Aviation;June97, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p66
Features the aircraft, N502GV, Gulfstream's G-V demonstrator, during its World Tour '97. Length of the journey; Number of miles flown by the aircraft during the tour; Records set by the plane; Details on the design and performance of the plane; Experiences encountered throughout the journey.
- Weather delays solar plane's round-the-world bid. // Eastern Eye;3/20/2015, Issue 1294, p8
The article reports on the delay of the departure of Solar Impulse 2 aircraft from India on its bid to be the first plane to fly around the world powered solely by the sun.
- GlobalFlyer Airborne. Dornheim, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/15/2004, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p38
The Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer made a successful first flight on March 5, 2004 and constructor Scaled Composites Inc. is now working to activate the cabin pressurization system for the second flight. The 1.5 hour flight operated from Scaled's Mojave, California, airport facility and was flown...
- Stearman world flight. Baxter, Gordon // Flying;June97, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p96
Focuses on pilot Robert Ragozzino's plans to use a 1942 Stearman biplane for a world solo flight. Features of the Stearman; History of the airplane; Ragozzino's attempt to duplicate the round-the-world flight of the US Army Air Service Douglas World Cruiser open-cockpit biplanes of 1924.
- Solar-powered plane plans to circle the globe without gas. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Sep2014, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p16
The article presents the Solar Impulse 2, a plane powered only by the sun and is positioned to become the first plane to complete an around the world solar flight.
- Voyager: Flight Around the World (Book). Newman, Alan // School Library Journal;Sep89, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p281
Reviews the book "Voyager: Flight Around the World," by John Kaufmann.
- The only substitute for an old DC-3 is... Parfit, M. // Smithsonian;Sep88, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p144
Describes the current use of the 1200 DC-3s built 53 years ago as the world's first great working airplane. Called the single greatest aircraft design in the history of flight, the DC-3s are still the first choice of the pilots who fly them and the mechanics who keep them in shape. History.