- History Mystery. Dorr, Robert F. // Air Power History;Fall2004, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p43
Features the Temco T-35 Buckaroo trainer shown in the mystery plane section of "Air Power History". Versions of the plane; Use of the aircraft by the U.S. Air Force.
- SIGINT AIRCRAFT NETWORKING ON A FAST TRACK. Goodman, G. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2007, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p15
The article deals with the future installation of the Network-Centric Collaborative Targeting technology in the U.S. Air Force RC-135 Rivet Joint signals intelligence (SIGINT) aircraft. The technology enables processors on board orbiting SIGINT as well as other intelligence, surveillance and...
- PLANNED LIQUIDATION? SCHEIL, JOE // Warbirds International;Mar2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p54
The author discusses the predicament of the Classic Jet aircraft built as F-102A-90-CO between 1957 and 1958 amounting 1,184,000 U.S. dollars as part of the U.S. defense planning. He mentions the vintage military aircraft became part of the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in 1994. He...
- ßªMoney Well Spent. // Saturday Evening Post;2/4/1939, Vol. 211 Issue 32, p22
The article reports on the problem facing the U.S. Air Force in manning the additional military planes they will be employing as part of their expansion plan. Accordingly, it will be difficult to find for able pilots with the absence of a formal training system. In response to this issue, the...
- Aerial Targets and Decoys. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p57
Presents several military airplanes of the U.S. Air Force for aerial targets and decoys. Primary function of the QF-4 Aerial Target; Speed of the BQM-34 Firebee; Dimensions of the MQM-107 Streaker.
- AIR FORCE. Starr, James // Officer;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p31
The article report developments in the U.S. Air Force. The Air Force initiates a two-phased modernization program designed to improve the C-5 air fleet's reliability, maintainability and availability. The LITENING AT Advanced Targeting Pod is a Precision Attack Targeting System program developed...
- Leave Boeing-Airbus Trade Dispute Out of Tanker Replacement. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/13/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p139
The article deals with the cautious acquisition approach of the U.S. Air Force to the KC-X, its program to acquire fleet of midair refueling aircraft, due to controversies it faced on the earlier programs it developed for the acquisition. The service went for a sole-source $23-billion lease...
- Stealthy Features. // Airman;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p16
No abstract available.
- Nuclear Safety, Goldsboro Broken Arrow. ReVelle, Jack // Professional Safety;Feb2014, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses the work of U.S. Air Force First Lieutenant and Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Detachment Commander Jack ReVelle during the 1961 crash in Goldsboro, North Carolina of a Strategic Air Command (SAC) B-52G aircraft carrying two hydrogen bombs, referred to as the Goldsboro...