Flying aircraft carriers
- Aerospace Weapons. // Airman;Jan2001, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p44
Provides information on the aerospace weapon systems and military aircrafts of the United States Air Force. Bombers; Fighter planes; Reconnaissance aircraft; Attack planes.
- Stealth Aircraft 'Not Invisible' And Likely Will Require Jamming Help On Raids, Officials Say. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;11/16/2006, p2
The article reports on the need for jamming assistance of the stealth aircraft of the U.S. Air Force such as the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lighting II. The Air Force wants to fill this requirement by installing powerful jamming pods on the wingtips of a portion of its B-52H bomber aircraft fleet so...
- Space: the final strike. // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p6
Reports that Lockheed Martin has released images of a stealthy, supersonic bomber as part of studies for the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory's next-generation strike program. Design features; Capabilities.
- POPSCI UPDATE. Adams, Eric; Hirshberg, Charles // Popular Science;Dec2002, Vol. 261 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Air Force for the F/A-22 Raptor fighter and bomber plane.
- Gallery of Russian Tactical Strike Systems. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Feb2003, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p40
Discusses different tactical strike aircraft of Russia. Su-17M4 and MiG-27K/M/D tactical fighter bombers; Su-25 close support aircraft; Su-24 and Su-24M strike aircraft.
- In What World Does Spending 3/4 of a Billion Dollars on One Bomber Make Sense? Wellen, Russ // Foreign Policy in Focus;12/9/2013, p2
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Air Force to buy a long-range bomber which will cost around 810 million dollars, and compares the cost with that of the previous generations of bombers.
- Moseley: Air Force May Need 76 B-52s, Wants Next-Gen Bomber In 2018. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;3/13/2008, Vol. 237 Issue 49, p7
The article presents the statement issued by U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff General Michael Moseley on the need for 76 B-52 bombers. Moseley said that a service decision to task part of the B-52 force for a nuclear role helped bring about this altered B-52 view. The service now has 93 B-52s,...
- Timely Recognition. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/29/2007, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p37
The article reports that the RC-135 signals intelligence and network attack aircraft operating as the 763rd expeditionary reconnaissance squadron of the U.S. Air Force have won the distinction of being the first aircraft to have been deployed continuously for 6,000 days. They were first deployed...
- Memphis Belle on the Move. // World War II;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the recall of the bomber Memphis Belle by the U.S. Air Force to display the plane at the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. history of the plane; Restoration of the plane by the Memphis Belle Memorial Association; Comment from Dick Anderegg, director of Air Force history, regarding...