Smallpox vaccine program evolves
- Memorandum on Classified Information Concerning the Air Force's Operating Location Near Groom Lake, Nevada. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/22/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p1234
Presents the text of a memorandum given by U.S. President George W. Bush on September 16, 2003, which deals with classified information concerning the U.S. Air Force's operating location near Groom Lake, Nevada. Reason for granting a presidential exemption from any applicable requirement for...
- Remarks on Presenting the Commander in Chief's Trophy to the United States Air Force Academy Falcons. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/7/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p702
Presents the text of a speech given by United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush on May 4, 2001 which deals with the presentation of the Commander in Chief's trophy to the U.S. Air Force Academy Falcons.
- Reserve End Strength Going 'Back to the Future' // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2004, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p26
The article focuses on the U.S. Department of Defense that is turning back the clock, raising Air Force Reserve Command's end-strength ceiling to the fiscal year 1996 level. The change is the result of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2005 Defense Appropriations Act. U.S. President George W. Bush signed the...
- Proclamation 7805--National Airborne Day, 2004. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/23/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p1623
The article presents a proclamation made by U.S. President George W. Bush as of August 16, 2004 on the National Airborne Day. The President said that the Airborne forces have helped liberate millions from oppression and extend peace and freedom around the world. From the initial tests of this...
- Should the President Declare a National Emergency? Faloon, William // Life Extension;Oct2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the need for President George W. Bush to implement a nationwide health program in the U.S. to lessen age-related diseases and cancer. According to the article, researchers identified vitamin D as the cancer-protective factor generated from sunlight. Studies also show that...
- Acts Approved by the President. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/25/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p1103
Presents several Acts approved by U.S. President George W. Bush in August 2003. Smithsonian Facilities Authorization Act; Family Farmer Bankruptcy Relief Act of 2003; Mosquito Abatement for Safety and Health Act.
- Inside the Spore Wars. Fonda, Daren; Bower, Amanda; Thompson, Mark // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/9/2006, Issue 1, p35
The article offers information on the failure of the BioShield project of the U.S. aimed at developing biodefense industry of the country. The project was supposed to develop drugs for fighting deadly diseases like anthrax and botulinum toxin. BioShield was signed into law by the U.S. president...
- THE BUZZ. // Pest Control;May2005, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p77
This article reports that in March, U.S. President George W. Bush commended pest management professionals for their efforts in protecting public health and property of Americans and in an official written proclamation, designated April as National Pest Management Month. This is the 28th year the...
- Proclamation 7884--Cancer Control Month, 2005. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/11/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p569
Presents the Proclamation 7884 about Cancer Control Month 2005, by U.S. President George W. Bush on April 5, 2005. Factors which reduce cancer rates; Release of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005; Estimated number of cancer survivors in the U.S.