Prescription to over-the-counter deregulation in Canada: Are we ready for it, or do we need to be?
- Regulatory & Healthcare News. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;9/4/2010, Issue 611, p10
This section offers news briefs concerning medical care, which include the Movement Is Life: A National Dialogue on Arthritis, Musculoskeletal Health Disparities and the Health of the Nation summit and the use of over-the-counter drugs in developing nations.
- Research & Markets: OTC Distribution in Europe: Driving the Recovery - A New 18 Country Study. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/21/2011, p344
The article reports on the publication of the "OTC Distribution in Europe: Driving the Recovery-New 18 Country Study," seventh edition of consultancy study on over the counter (OTC) distribution. It mentions factors that influence consumer healthcare industry including reconstruction of supply...
- Pharmacist prescribing in Northern Ireland: a quantitative assessment. McCann, Laura; Haughey, Sharon; Parsons, Carole; Lloyd, Fran; Crealey, Grainne; Gormley, Gerard; Hughes, Carmel // International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy;Sep2011, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p824
Objective Health care in the United Kingdom (UK) has undergone a significant change in terms of the range of professionals who are permitted to prescribe medications. This study aimed to capture information on pharmacist prescribing in Northern Ireland (NI). Setting Primary and secondary care in...
- Factors contributing to the purchase of Over The Counter (OTC) drugs in Bangladesh: An Empirical study. Babu, Mujahid Mohiuddin // Internet Journal of Third World Medicine;2008, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p7
In Bangladesh the tendency of the mass people to buy medicines without proper prescription is increasing day by day. The drugs which can be collected without the prescription are termed as the Over the Counter (OTC) drugs. This study is endeavored to identify the factors that influence the...
- Unsafe medication use. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p2
Reports that majority of people in the United States are at risk from using over-the-counter medications according to study findings from the National Council on Patient Information and Education.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Nov95, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p10
Reports that prices for internal and respiratory over-the-counter drugs have dropped a halo of percentage. Price increase for medical care.
- Allergic Reactions. Atkinson, William // HR Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p90
Discusses how the shift in status of three antihistamines from prescription to over-the-counter (OTC) drugs will affect employees. Drawbacks of the availability of antihistamines on OTC basis; Assessment of the potential benefits of the OTC switch; How to counter the drawbacks of the OTC status...
- HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS. GRILL-GOODMAN, JAMIE // Private Label Buyer;Apr2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the healthcare issues being the top priority in the U.S. including the promotion of over-the-counter (OTC) products and drugstore services in the country.
- Suggestions for adding alternative medicines to an OTC formulary of a managed care organization. // Formulary;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p704
Presents suggestions for adding alternative medicines to an over the counter benefit package of a managed care organization. Includes determining scope of the program; Review of product standards; Establishment of an approval process; Providing of educational programs for medical staff;...