Alcohol-associated rapid release of a long-acting opioid
- Cipramil. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p156
The article presents information on Cipramil, a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the antidepressant citalopram, which has fewer sedative effects than some other antidepressants. It is available as tablets and oral drops.
- Predicting Success: A PIPELINE Report. Gray, Nicole // Pharmaceutical Executive;Dec2003, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p54
Lists drugs that would likely be successful. Lasofoxifene; Arzoxifene; Preos; Asoprisnil. INSET: Chance of Success.
- oxazepam. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 10th edition;2007, p897
This aricle presents information on the drug oxazepam. It is marketed under the brand names Apo-Oxazepam, Novoxapam and Serax. It is classified as antianxiety agent, sedative, hypnotics. This drug is included in the class benzodiazepines. It is indicated for anxiety management and symptomatic...
- Opioid overdose risk increases with higher prescribed doses. // Reactions Weekly;3/6/2010, Issue 1291, p3
The article discusses research being done on the increase in opioid overdose risk in patients who are prescribed higher doses with reference to a study by K. M. Dunn and colleagues in the January 2010 issue of "Annals of Internal Medicine."
- PRESCRIBING UPDATE. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p9
Provides information on new prescription drugs in the U.S. Teriparatide; Atomoxetine; Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids.
- CA reminds consumers: compare prices for pharmaceutical drugs. // Consumer Comments;Fall2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p1
Reports that publishers of the periodical "Consumer Alert," reminded consumers in October to compare prices before buying prescription drugs. Concerns over the widening price differences of prescription drugs in various states in the United States.
- New in the marketplace. Adis International Limited // Drugs & Therapy Perspectives;Jul2005, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p26
tablecontains a summary of product launches and approvals identified in international markets in recent weeks by the drug therapy reporting service Inpharma Weekly. Summarising information selected from over 1600...
- Impact of pharmaceutical representative visits on GPs drug preferences. Jens SÃ¸ndergaard; Kirstin Vach; Jakob Kragstrup; Morten Andersen // Family Practice;Jun2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p204
Background. Pharmaceutical representative visits are believed to have substantial impact, but the effects on prescribing patterns have not been systematically evaluated. Objective. This study investigates how pharmaceutical sales representative visits influenced physiciansÃ¢Â€Â™...
- Ezetimibe/Simvastatin (Vytorin) for Hypercholesterolemia. Goldman-Levine, Jennifer D.; Bohlman, Lyle G. // American Family Physician;11/15/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p2081
Provides information on ezetimibe/simvastatin, a drug indicated for patients with hypercholesterolemia. Adverse reactions to the drug; Effectiveness of the drug; Cost of the drug.