Vaccine network surprised by funding cut
- In pursuit of balance. // Nature;3/3/2005, Vol. 434 Issue 7029, p1
Focuses on the federal funding of research in Sunbelt States. Structure of research in the U.S.; Ways of encouraging research in the region.
- Grants for Rural Biz. Gunderson, Amy // Inc.;Sep2003, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on EPSCoR, a grant program funded by the National Science Foundation and designed to foster scientific research in rural areas in the U.S. Variation in the rules underlying the program; Companies that were given the grant as of September 2003.
- SCHOOLS FOR SCANDAL. Hecht, Brian // New Republic;8/19/91-8/26/91, Vol. 205 Issue 8/9, p14
Comments on controversies surrounding corrupt uses of federal research funds in universities in the U.S. in 1991. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on ethics and universities.
- Life Sciences Startups Landing Grants. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;9/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p5
The article reports on the trend of securing U.S. government grants by life sciences startups for their research. Most of them have turned to agencies that specialize in navigating complex government databases and matching businesses with sometimes lucrative grants. One of these agencies is...
- With Corzine's OK, N.J. Wifi Study Stem Cells. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32530, p1
The article reports on the anticipation of New Jersey lawmakers and state officials for State Gov. Jon Corzine to approve a bill that would authorize up to $270 million of bonds for stem-cell and biomedical research. With the stroke of his pen, Corzine has the power to open an opportunity to...
- New Research Projects Supported by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia. // Brodogradnja;Mar2007, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p42
The article offers information about the research grants for national research projects given by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia. For individual projects, it will be supported for three years while group projects can be supported for an additional two...
- Life Sciences Discovery Fund offers $29M in grant program. // Medical Device Daily;11/24/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 229, p8
The article focuses on the 2008 grant competitions of the Life Sciences Discovery Fund (LSDF). Included funding opportunities are a grant competition of up to $8 million in total awards and a program grant competition of up to $20 million in total awards. The grants will support focused...
- Putting excellence at the heart of European research. // Nature Methods;Apr2007, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p295
Europe's new funding agency, the European Research Council, will award prestigious grants for basic research. This can make Europe a better place to do research, if the Research Council can maintain its independence and momentum.
- New strategies for funding academic research facilities. Schmitt, Roland W. // Physics Today;Sep85, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p144
Discusses strategies for funding academic research. Problems finding federal aid; Termination of major federal programs; Goldman, Sachs & Co which proposed a tax-exempt foundation for funding; Federal research and development budgets.