Chicago schools prepare budget; board decision near
- 30,000 rally for more aid in Ore. Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;6/12/96, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p8
Reports on a rally in Oregon which called for more funding for the state's schools. Support for public schools across the state; Cuts in number of school positions.
- A History of Progress. Cox, Susan M. // American School & University;Apr99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p52
Discusses the contribution of budget management and community support to the success of the Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools in Tennessee. Effect of declaring Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools as unitary; How the funds were raised; Purpose of expanding the instructional technology...
- The Principal. Yatvin, Joanne // Educational Leadership;Apr89, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p83
Discusses the benefits of school-based budgeting where principal and teachers could build a budget based on their view of school needs. Features of the program called School Based Budgeting that began in 1986 in the U.S.; Number of schools selected for the program; Amount of money spent by one...
- High Approval Rate For School Funding Seen in More States. // Education Week;7/27/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the troubled states that have joined Ohio on the list of those seeing significant improvements in the proportion of local school budgets and levies gaining voter approval. Idaho Governor John Evans saw evidence of citizens' commitment to more support for education in the...
- School budgets collapse. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;2/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the decline in school budget in Illinois. Percentage of public school districts that will end the year 2003 with budget deficits; Reason behind the decline; Impact of the decline in budget on schools.
- Fatally flawed school funding formulas. Solmon, Lewis C.; Fox, Michael // Education Week;06/17/98, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p60
Comments on issues regarding school funding in the United States (US) during 1998. Observations surrounding the creation of comprehensive school funding programs; Critique of various educational models which are used in the US; The authors' views about flaws in the solutions being offered to...
- The Need for a Stone Soup Budget. Storm, Bruce E. // School Administrator;Oct2005, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p51
Argues that schools in the U.S. need to establish budgeting process that shares. Overview of a fable on stone soup; Danger of limiting budget; Sources of school funds.
- Jackson Public School District begins discussions on the upcoming school budget. // Jackson Advocate;6/14/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 35, p10A
The article offers information on a school budget for the period 2012-2013 which has been discussed in a meeting of the Jackson Public School with the Budget Committee of the Jackson City Council in Mississippi.
- Chicago Schools Open on Schedule After Budget Talks. // Education Week;9/15/1982, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the opening of Chicago, Illinois schools on time for public school students after the approval of a financial agreement balancing the district's budget.