Florida school board bids out $138 million
- 'Follow the money'. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;12/22/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 7, pA1
The article informs that financial experts are aiding the Detroit Board of Education to discover where public funds are being spent.
- CCSD voters pass school bond, elect two. LEE BITSOI, ALASTAIR // Navajo Times;2/7/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 6, pA-8
The article reports on the voters of the Central Consolidated School District (CCSD) to reelect Christina Aspaas and Randy Manning to the school board of Central Consolidated School District and approved capital improvement tax.
- Maryland pension fund fills acting CIO role. BRADFORD, HAZEL // Pensions & Investments;1/6/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p8
The article announces that Marisa Grant is acting chief investment officer (CIO) for the Montgomery County Board of Education in Maryland as of January 6, 2014 and will oversee the board's defined benefit plan and also notes she replaces CIO Jonathan Grabel.
- Protecting Your Assets. Trainor, Charles K. // American School Board Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 194 Issue 7, p38
The article discusses the importance of discussing the investments of a U.S. school district at the board's annual reorganization meeting. According to the author, outstanding lawsuits and tax certioraris may have a financial effect on a district and should be examined at a reorganization...
- Reforming the Current Model of Private Investment in Chinese Education. Shanahan, Patrick // Asian-Pacific Law & Policy Journal;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p210
The article focuses on the reforms to be introduced in the model of private investments on the education system in China. Topics discussed include development of the private education laws, profit expectations of the school trustees and sponsors and the methods used by the sponsors for getting...
- University of California seeks to overturn disclosure
ruling. // Pensions & Investments;8/18/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p6
University of California Regents asked a state court to reverse an order requiring it to disclose returns of private equity funds in which the university participates. The regents argued in a petition filed August 4 in Alameda County Superior Court that Sequoia Capital's July 24 request that the...
- Los Angeles Board Votes To Divest Itself of South African Holdings. J. R. S. // Education Week;10/9/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the decision of the Los Angeles school board to vote on the divestiture of its South African holdings. The Los Angeles Unified School District have earned millions of dollars interest from South African investments in California. School board treasurer Richard B. Dixon...
- Iowa Regents to Retain LSV? M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;8/6/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the decision of the Iowa Board of Regents to keep LSV Asset Management as its mid-capitalization domestic equity manager in 2007. The board made the decision following the advice of its consultant Wilshire Associates. Concerns were raised regarding LSV after the manager...
- A Money Management Primer. Hardy III, Samuel B. // American School Board Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 193 Issue 9, p38
This article offers tips for school superintendent, principal, or board member who plan to invest their district's funds. Investments are exposed to the elements of risk. The types of investing risks are inherent risk, interest rate risk and inflation risk. Inflation is a rise in the general...