Washington coal plant sale could force utilities to call debt
- Guatemala dedicates first coal-fired plant. // Power;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 144 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the dedication ceremony for a coal-fired electric power generating unit in Guatemala. Owners of the plant; Services offered by the plant.
- Cottbus is handed over. // Modern Power Systems;Feb2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p5
Highlights the handover of the Cottbus, Germany pressurized fluidized bed combined cycle plant to the customer VASA Energy and to the municipal utility Stadtwerke Cottbus.
- World digest. // Modern Power Systems;Sep99, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the Hungarian government's decision not to enter into any more power purchase agreements. Reason for the move; Impact of the decision on the construction of coal-fired facilities and the use of natural gas; Liberalization of a part of the country's electricity markets when it joins...
- Mining King Coal's return. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p4
Focuses on the implementation of a law encouraging electric utilities in Chicago, Illinois to build more coal-fired power plants. Goal of the legislation to provide a long-term strategy for addressing the state's energy concerns; Energy companies interested in the new legal provisions.
- Control the profits. Evett, Bill // International Power Generation;May99 Supplement, Vol. 22, p31
Focuses on Advanced Plant Management System (APMS) used by Drax power plant in Great Britain. Effect of deregulation on the electricity power industry; Market strategies used by Drax to compete in the electricity industry; Advantages of using the APMS in the business; Factors contributing to...
- Plan targets pollution from Midwest. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;4/16/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p29
The article reports that New York and six New England states have joined to launch a new plan targeting mercury emissions from coal-burning power plants in the Midwest. The states unveiled a draft plan April 11, 2007 for reducing mercury in waters in New York and New England to eliminate fish...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Electric Light & Power;Oct2001, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p3
Reports developments in the electrical utility industry in the United States as of October 2001. Development of coal-fired power plant by Sunflower Electric Corp. and International Energy; Construction of emission control systems by American Electric Power and Buckeye Power Inc; Operation of...
- Gas Technologies give electric utilities cleaner emissions. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul99, Vol. 226 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the plan of four Middle Atlantic electric utilities, including BG&E, Duquesne Light, PSEG and Conectiv to fire up natural gas reburn systems to reduce emissions from the coal-fired electric generation boilers. Features of the technology developed to reduce emissions.
- NO COLD FEET ABOUT THE NEED FOR MORE COAL. Blankinship, Steve // Power Engineering;Sep2001, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the need for abundant coal supply to meet the needs of the electric power industry and the investment community. Views on coal and coal-fired technologies in a merchant role; Emergence of publicly-traded coal companies as a viable asset class; Replacement of old coal plants by more...