DOT may use Garvee, tax-credit debt for Woodrow Wilson Bridge project
- Tax credit bonds out, Garvees still possible. Mesiler, Daniel; Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p4
Reports on the United States Department of Treasury's objection against plans to use tax-credit bonds to help construction of a replacement for the Woodrow Wilson Bridge.
- High Bid Delays Maryland Bridge Project. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p6
Reports on the delay in the Woodrow Wilson Bridge project in Maryland due to bid related to problems. Overview of the bid received by the project; Agreement between Maryland and Virginia to cover cost overruns.
- Six options top $1 billion. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/5/95, Vol. 234 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the proposals to replace the overburdened Woodrow Wilson Bridge near Washington, D.C. Holding of public meetings to discuss seven alternatives for the bascule bridge.
- Alexandria, Va., drops bridge suit. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30578, p5
Reports on the decision of Alexandria, Virginia City Council to withdraw a lawsuit contesting the design of the planned replacement of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Total amount committed by the federal government for the replacement of the bridge; Estimated cost of the replacement project;...
- Bridge war heats up as county files brief. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/10/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30411, p5
Updates on the regional battle over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Prince William County, Virginia Board of Supervisors' voting to file a court brief opposing a suit filed by the city of Alexandria; Alexandria's filing of suit to reopen the design phase of the proposed new bridge; Fairfax County's...
- DOT's Mineta Announces Bridge Agreement. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31201, p46
Reports on the rebuilding of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Construction funding.
- REVISED WILSON BRIDGE CONTRACT DRAWS A 'WORKABLE' LOW BID. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 21, p13
Reports on the financial bid for the first part of three-contract package for the Woodrow Wilson bridge across the Potomac River in Maryland on November 7, 2002. Names of companies offering the bid; Other details of the bid; Plans to open other bids on January 7, 2003.
- Panel picks $1.5-billion project. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/14/96, Vol. 237 Issue 16, p18
Reports on the plans to replace the aging Woodrow Wilson Memorial Bridge in Washington, D.C. Results of voting for the proposed replacement; Features of the planned bridge replacement.
- Transportation funds fly, fuel tax rebate looms. Malloy, Cy // Concrete Products;Dec99, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p43
Presents three United States construction industry-related news items, compiled in December 1999. Department of Transportation Appropriations Act of Fiscal 2000; Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison's introduction of the Clean Water Infrastructure Financing Act of 1999; Bill allowing tax credits to...