Strong economic data prompts decline in munis, Treasuries; NYC TFA priced
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, August 18. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p2
Presents charts on government securities and economic indicators in the United States as of August 18, 2005.
- Crossover muni buyers find value as the stock market falls. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p8
Reports on the increase in crossover buyers of municipal bonds in the United States. Economic trends and factors affecting the market; Comments of economic analysts on the shift in buying pattern.
- Munis Slide 15-20 Basis Points, Along With Treasuries Following Greenspan. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31678, p2
Reports on the weakening of Municipal bonds between 15 and 20 basis points along with the fall of Treasuries on July 15, 2003, following the testimony by U.S. Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan before the congressional panel. Reactions of traders to the falling market owing to the...
- Munis Enter Holiday Weekend Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32760, p2
The article reports on the performance of the bond and the Treasury markets in the U.S. in November 21, 2007. Municipal bonds were slightly firmer, as investors sought a flight-to-quality bid. According to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, trades showed some gains. Likewise, the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, December 27. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p2
Present charts on government securities and economic indicators in the United States as of December 27, 2000. Leading economic indicators index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; $1.7 Billion Houston Deal Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p2
Reports on the finish of municipal bonds in the U.S. on May 18, 2004. Reason behind the suspension of the two-day rally in the government bond market; Account of the economic release of housing data; Approximation of the total worth of sizable new issues that came to market.
- Munis Little Changed in Quiet Session; This Week Expected to Be Even Slower. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p2
Assesses municipal bond prices in the United States. Treasury prices; Future rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Gross domestic product; Commentaries of Federal officials about the economic outlook; Municipal bond funds; Taxable bonds funds; Equity funds.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, Sept 23. // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Presents charts on municipal bonds and economic indicators in the U.S. as of September 23, 2004, such as initial jobless claims and the Municipal Bond Index.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, November 10. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p2
Presents data on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 10, 2004. Key economic indicators; Government securities prices.