Strong economic data prompts decline in munis, Treasuries; NYC TFA priced
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, August 18. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p2
Presents charts on government securities and economic indicators in the United States as of August 18, 2005.
- Crossover muni buyers find value as the stock market falls. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p8
Reports on the increase in crossover buyers of municipal bonds in the United States. Economic trends and factors affecting the market; Comments of economic analysts on the shift in buying pattern.
- Munis Slide 15-20 Basis Points, Along With Treasuries Following Greenspan. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31678, p2
Reports on the weakening of Municipal bonds between 15 and 20 basis points along with the fall of Treasuries on July 15, 2003, following the testimony by U.S. Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan before the congressional panel. Reactions of traders to the falling market owing to the...
- Munis Enter Holiday Weekend Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32760, p2
The article reports on the performance of the bond and the Treasury markets in the U.S. in November 21, 2007. Municipal bonds were slightly firmer, as investors sought a flight-to-quality bid. According to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, trades showed some gains. Likewise, the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, December 27. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p2
Present charts on government securities and economic indicators in the United States as of December 27, 2000. Leading economic indicators index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Municipals Rise and New Issues Gather Momentum in 2004's First Big Day. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31796, p2
Reports on the trading of municipal bonds on January 7, 2004. New bonds introduced into the market; Effects on securities prices and trading of foreign interest in the U.S. Treasury Department's five-year notes; Effect of jobless claims, employment and other economic data.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, February 17. // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p2
Presents economic indicators in the U.S. as of February 17. Industrial production; Capacity utilization; Empire State Manufacturing Index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Munis Unchanged in Quiet Trading As Treasuries Fall, Year Winds Down. // Bond Buyer;12/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31787, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States on December 22, 2003. Government securities; Treasuries; Economic outlook.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p2
Presents news briefs pertaining to the government securities and the economic conditions in the U.S. as of May 14, 2004. Decline of retail sales in April; Growth of the overall producer price index; Increase in the number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Treasury's...