Chicago purchasing index rose to 63.3%
- Study: B-to-b purchase intentions data uneven. Stone, Martha L. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec97, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p32
Studies the inequality of purchase intentions data. Accuracy of data in predicting business-to-business sales than consumer purchases shown on purchase intention; Factors determined by the study; Other researches which focused on intentions studies.
- United Kingdom inflation. // Accountancy;Aug1976, Vol. 87 Issue 996, p10
Presents the table for companies preparing supplementary purchasing power statements in Great Britain. Index of consumer goods and service; Rate of increase in retail prices; Rate of annual inflation.
- Buying your own business. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/20/95, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p21
Offers tips on buying a business. Evaluation of skills, abilities and attitude; Prospect identification; Financial records; Financing.
- How to prepare to buy a business. Leff, Paul G. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/19/94, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p15
Gives advice on how to go about buying a business. Need to decide what business you wish to buy; Advantages of buying an ongoing business; Looking for the business you have decided to buy; Importance of terms of the sale and selling price.
- Buying a business: Let the buyer beware. Poznak, James L. // Grounds Maintenance;Aug98, Vol. 33 Issue 8, pC32
Discusses ways to avoid pitfalls in buying existing businesses. Preparation of business plan; Considerations when deciding whether to purchase stocks or assets; Examination of the business; Hiring of experts to assist in purchasing businesses.
- Prowswood buys 500-unit apartment complex in California. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p12
Reports on the purchase of Warwick Square, a 500-unit apartment community in Santa Ana, California, by Prowswood Management, Holladay. Comments by Dan Stanger, company spokesman.
- 10 mistakes to avoid in selling an ins. business. Mattingly, Peter W.; Shapiro, Robert D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/9/94, Vol. 98 Issue 19, p12
Discusses mistakes to avoid in selling an insurance business. Underreporting of earnings; Cost advisor selection; Earnings potential of a company; Buyer interviews; Growth potential.
- Acapulco owner BRS to buy Prandium's El Torito group. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;03/13/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p1
Reports plan of Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill (BRS) and Co. to purchase 109-unit El Torito Restaurants from Prandium Inc. in Irvine, California. Finalization of the deal in May 2000; Significance of acquisition plan on the business operations of BRS; Sales made by BRS in 1999 through the Acapulco...
- Business for sale--Wisconsin chocolate shop. Gangemi, Robina A. // Inc.;Feb95, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p128
Highlights a Wisconsin chocolate business which is for sale. Overview of the business; Financial summary; Price; Price rationale; Outlook; Positive and negative aspects.
- Ad agency buys 16,500 square foot building, will move this month. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/11/95, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p9
Presents information on the purchasing of Salt Lake City 16,500 square foot building by the Salt Lake City advertising firm of Penna Powers Cutting Haynes(PPC&H). Cost of acquisition and renovation; Comments by John Haynes, principal of PPC&H.