Economists see signs of softer GDP ahead
- Singapore: Head Above Water? // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 46, p5
Forecasts the gross domestic product (GDP) of Singapore in 2003. Projection on GDP growth in 2003; Information on the recession in the country in 2001; Factors that may help Singapore's GDP to grow.
- Economic Activity. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct98, p9
Reports on the economic forecast in the United States (US) in 1998. Real gross domestic product (GDP) and nominal GDP growth rates; Forecast growth rate of corporate profits; Impact of the deterioration of economic and financial conditions among other countries to the economic expansion in the...
- Forecasting Brazilian Output in the Presence of Breaks: A Comparison of Linear and Nonlinear Models. Chauvet, Marcele; Lima, Elcyon C.R.; Vasquez, Brisne // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta);Dec2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 28, p1
This paper compares the forecasting performance of linear and nonlinear models under the presence of structural breaks for the Brazilian real GDP growth. The Markov-switching models proposed by Hamilton (1989) and its generalized version proposed by Lam (1991) are applied to quarterly GDP from...
- A Healthy Outlook. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Apr2010, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
The article forecasts the 4.5% real gross domestic product (GDP) in Singapore in 2010.
- Mental war. // Budapest Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p21
Comments on the decision of the Hungarian Finance Ministry to lower its gross domestic product growth forecast for 2003. Reasons for the forecast revision; Uncertainty in stock performances due to speculations.
- Market-based estimates of expected future UK output growth. Martin, Ben; Sawicki, Michael // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Spring2003, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p20
Derives some market-based projections of gross domestic product growth for England using the Taylor monetary policy rule, yield curves and inflation surveys. Overview of the monetary policy rules with a focus on the Taylor interest rule; Estimation of expectations on policy rates and inflation...
- Professional Forecasters See 3Q GDP Growing 2.2%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33565, p35
No abstract available.
- Sugar Weighing On Growth. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Dec2010, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that the real gross domestic product growth outlook for Guyana is maintained at 3.5% year-on-year and 4.5% in 2010 and 2011, respectively.
- Chapter 6: BMI Global Assumptions. // Egypt Business Forecast Report;2011 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p49
The article focuses on the Business Monitor International Ltd.'s (BMI) economic forecast on global real gross domestic product (GDP) for 2011.
- Executive Summary. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2009 3rd Quarter, p7
The article presents the claim of Business Monitor International that 2009 is the worst economic year of Hungary since its transition to market capitalism by giving a prediction to the gross domestic product (GDP) and the business environment of the country.