Private Projects Surge In Energy Sector
- Power prices knocked back. // Utility Week;6/15/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that the recent trend of rising prices helped carry forward electricity prices to their highest level since Christmas and Winter 2007 hitting Â£ 42.50/MWh. Short-term Continental power prices have been far more volatile, as unplanned plant outages in the Netherlands and...
- Energy costs: the only way is up. // Process Engineering;May/Jun2013, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses a possible price increase in the energy supply market in Great Britain. It is mentioned that the price increase will impact industrial users in the longer term. According to government findings, energy policies will raise the cost of energy to business 22 percent higher by...
- High Energy Costs Could Impact Sales Tax Revenue, Moody's Economist Warns. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/24/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32244, p6
Focuses on the impact of high energy costs on sales tax revenue. Increase of energy prices during the first half of 2005; Effect of price increases on the economy; Factors that triggers price increase.
- GOVERNMENT BLAMED FOR IMPACT OF RISING ENERGY PRICES. A. H. // Global Finance;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the blame accorded to the British government by energy experts regarding the impact of rising energy prices. The national energy and environmental consultancy, Energy 2000, says that rising energy and oil prices are starting to filter down through the industrial supply...
- Optimal Operation. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2008, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p52
The article discusses issues about the increasing prices of fuel. It has been affecting the efficiency and importance of dealership's fleet of vehicles. In this context, the author offers some tips to revive up the performance of dealer's fleet. It is emphasized that careful management can also...
- UK wholesale gas: high prices here to stay. // MarketWatch: Energy;November 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the increase in wholesale gas prices in Great Britain. Effect of the price increase on end users; Period in which industrial energy buyers traditionally sign supply contracts; Factors attributed to the overall trend in wholesale gas prices.
- Coal Price Hikes May Hurt Investment Grade Bids. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the price increase of coal in the U.S. as of November 2004. Impact of the sudden uptick of coal prices on electric utilities; Range of coal prices per metric ton; Concerns regarding the continued price inflation on long-term plans by utilities to emerge from non-investment grade status.
- Business Cycles and the Oil Market. Mork, Knut Anton // Energy Journal;1994 Special Issue, p15
The last twenty years have seen a number of oil-price changes with macroeconomic effects. Oil price increases spur inflation and produce recessions. Oil price declines dampen inflation, but do not necessarily boost real activity. The correlations can be traced back to Worm War II. The paper...
- Subpoenas follow price hikes. // Power Economics;Jun2004, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p8
Reports that federal authorities in the U.S. have issued subpoenas on a number of energy companies as part of an investigation into steep price hikes. Details of the investigations; Statement of James Newsome, chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, regarding the subpoenas issued.