INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- Venture-Capital backed IPO market slowed in Q1. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/2/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p15
This article presents information on a report issued by Thomson Venture Economics and the National Venture Capital Association regarding the Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) in the first quarter of 2005. Ten venture-backed companies raised $720.7 million through IPOs in the first quarter of 2005....
- Big Equity Gains for the Biggest Banks. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;1/24/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 15, p9
Reports that venture capital and private equity portfolios of the nation's largest banks quietly contributed $1.5 billion to earnings in the four quarter of 2004, rounding out a year of strong gains of equities--and providing a glimpse of potentially greater success in 2005. Much of the success...
- Corporate Confidence. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on conglomerate corporations by Kristin Peck and another by Jonathan Marino on strategic venture capital (VC) efforts.
- Brokers building up Bermuda operations. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;11/18/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p10
Reports that availability of insurance capital in Bermuda Islands in 2001 has resulted in a frenzy of brokerage activity in the Bermuda market. Expansion of broking offices in Bermuda; Advantageous characteristics of the Bermuda market; Efforts made by brokers to recruit employees for supporting...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/16/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p20
Provides some insights into investment banking in the U.S. compiled as of May 2005. Private equity fund raising; Venture capital funds; Buyout and mezzanine funds; Top advisers on leveraged buyouts.
- Perella's New Firm Near $1 Billion Goal. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/6/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that Joe Perella, who is starting a boutique investment bank in the U.S. with colleague Terry Meguid, is nearing completion of his one billion dollar fundraising goal for the firm. The still unnamed firm will offer merger and acquisition and restructuring advice to companies...
- FORMS AND TYPES OF VENTURE INVESTMENT. Kochur, Iuliia G. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;2014, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p162
The paper describes the forms and types of venture capital investments. The influence of venture capital upon the innovative development of the economy is considered. Specific features and advantages of venture capital investments over other types of investments are determined.
- Onondaga Venture Capital a local source for start-ups. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p12
The article presents information on Onondaga Venture Capital Fund (OVCF). OVCF invests in upstate businesses that offer a potential for future growth. OVCF, which is a privately held investment company headquartered in Armory Square, was founded in 1985 by 70 local investors. According to...
- Local Venture Community Prepares for Rebound. Jones, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p25
Reports the continuing growth of the venture capital (VC) investment industry in San Diego, California. Re-evaluation of the strategies and business financing flow of VC firms; Importance of company performance to the initial public offering market in the venture community; Factors influencing...