Gulf Gaming Industry Begins a Long Process
- A description of my last visit to XYZ Casino. Baird, Martin R. // International Gaming & Wagering;Nov2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p33
Presents a narrative of the experience of the author with one of the casinos in Las Vegas, Nevada. Description of the staff of the casino; Criticism on the casino; Advice for casino operators.
- Struggling northern towns left to decay. Hall, Peter // Regeneration & Renewal;3/7/2008, p16
The author reflects on the cancellation of funds for super casino bid in Blackpool, England. The town has been suffering upon the failure of the super casino regeneration project and it has been saved through the efforts of the secretary of the state for communities, Hazel Blears. Aside from...
- New Mexico's Casinos. // Albuquerque: The Magazine;Feb2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p123
A review is offered for several casinos in New Mexico including the Apache Nugget Casino, Billy the Kid Casino at Ruidoso Downs and Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino.
- Las Vegas neighborhood casinos flourish despite slowing economy and competitive landscape. Green, Marian // International Gaming & Wagering;Feb2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that the neighborhood casinos flourish despite the slowing economy and competitive landscape on the gambling industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is said that understanding the importance of value to locals players is a factor in the success of any locals project. Most local...
- Casino approval likely, industry expert says. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/26/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p7
The article reports that proponents and detractors of a Sullivan County casino that would be run by St. Regis Mohawk tribe may have several months to state their respective cases. One prominent expert stated that Mohawks may not have such a hard time getting their off-reservation casino approved...
- Vegas Casino Attractions. // Travel Agent;3/29/2004, Vol. 316 Issue 4, p58
This article presents information on various casinos of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Louisiana and Gulf Coast Mississippi casinos. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p26
The article lists the top casinos ranked by total gambling revenue in the Gulf Coast, U.S. Harrah's New Orleans Casino tops the list. Data is given on the number of gaming devices in the casino. Other amenities are also listed.
- Slot Plans Rolls Snake Eyes. // njbiz;1/19/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the failure of the plans to establish casino businesses in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. Advantage of the failure of the plans for Atlantic City.
- Around the World: SOUTH AMERICA. // International Gaming & Wagering;Nov2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p14
Presents updates on the gaming industry in South America as of November 2005. Information on a scandal involving underground sports betting Web sites in Brazil; Data released by Chile's Superintendencia de Casinos de Juego on the ongoing bid of the country for new casino licenses; Description...