Terrorism Bond In the Works
- It Takes Two to Tango. Wilkinson, Barry A. // Best's Review;Feb2001, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p94
Focuses on the benefit of first-dollar quota-share reinsurance. Mechanism of reinsurance process; Benefits on direct writers and insurance company; Creation of enormous amounts of automatic reinsurance.
- U.S. Closes In on Terror Pool. Pilla, David; Kelly, Dennis // Best's Review;Nov2001, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p10
Reports the encouragement of the United States government for the protection of the insurance industry. Plan security form any terrorist attack; Percentage decrease of insurance costs; Proposal for the establishment of a reinsurance pool.
- Private Market Must Pick Up Terrorism Reinsurance. Brady, Matt // National Underwriter / P&C;10/17/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 39, p9
Focuses on the issues regarding terrorism reinsurance in the U.S. Explanation of Douglas Holtz-Eakin, director of the Congressional budget Office, regarding the federal government's role in dealing with the risks in terrorism insurance; Proposition by the public sector for terrorism insurance to...
- A defining moment. Farrell, Elizabeth B.; Kellogg, Peter B.; Flynn, Shaun P. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Oct98, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p67
Focuses on the reinsurance industry in the United States. Outcome of the consolidation of insurance corporations; Creation of insurance organizations; Effect of investment loss on insurance companies; Impact of natural catastrophes, shift in financial markets and economic conditions on reinsurers.
- Group, special risk reinsurance premium rose 4% in 1997. Ersek, Laurie // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/4/99, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p3
Reports the financial performance of the group and special risk reinsurance for 1997 in United States. Factors contributing to the increase in premiums; Stability in the growth of long-term disability and group medical reinsurance markets; Developments in group life, group medical, personal...
- Reinsurance Intermediaries: A Comparison of the EU and U.S. Regulatory Approach*. Marano, Pierpaolo // Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice;Apr2010, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p200
Directive 2002/92/EC on insurance mediation holds very few provisions on reinsurance intermediaries whose discipline is in the hands, in large part, of each Member State. This lack of harmonized rules is inconsistent with the transnational nature of the reinsurance market. The purpose of this...
- Lloyd's Keeps An Eye On Bermuda. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / P&C;7/5/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 26, p18
Focuses on the performance of insurers in the Bermuda Islands. Equity of Bermuda market shareholders; Appetite of Bermuda insurers for high dollar market; Position of the market in the reinsurance market.
- Australians deny use of finite risk. Tomlinson, Damien // Business Insurance;3/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p29
Reports the issues concerning financial reinsurance in Australia. Prevalence of financial programs structured to defer insurance losses in the country; Denial of insurers over the use of financial reinsurance products; Overview on the collapse of HIH Insurance Ltd.
- CHAPTER 5: REINSURANCE/ART. // Best's Review;Nov2014 Supplement, p48
The article looks into the reinsurance industry in the U.S. An overview about the state of the reinsurance market in the country is provided. Also offered are the top 25 global reinsurance companies which include Munich Reinsurance Co., Transatlantic Holdings Inc., and Caisse Centrale de...