Street Opens Checkbook For Katrina Victims
- Pharmas step up efforts to support Katrina victims. Arnold, Matthew // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the disaster relief efforts of the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Contributions of pharma firms in terms of drugs and cash to stricken communities; Benefits of the donations made by pharma firms for flood victims; Need of survivors of...
- Telecom industry helps in times of needs. // Telephony;8/2/93, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p32
Reports on several telecommunications companies' flood relief assistance during the flooding of the Midwest by the Mississippi River and its tributaries. AT&T's donation to the American Red Cross; U S West's granting of community relief fund to aid victims in the states it serves; McCaw...
- Maximizing the Effectiveness of Disaster Relief Contribution: The Idea of Fit to Control. DeMotta, Yoshiko; Hildebrand, Diogo; Valenzuela, Ana; Sen, Sankar // Advances in Consumer Research;2011, Vol. 39, p651
An abstract of the article "Maximizing the Effectiveness of Disaster Relief Contribution: The Idea of Fit to Control," by Yoshiko DeMotta, Diogo Hildebrand, Ana Valenzuela, and Sankar Sen is presented.
- Miller's Ale House joins Florida storm relief effort. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/19/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p22
The article reports that Miller's Ale House has joined the storm relief efforts in Central Florida after tornadoes destroyed the region in February 2007. According to the article, the tornadoes killed 20 people and damaged or destroyed more than 2,000 homes and businesses in the area. Miller's...
- Global Tech Inc displays corporate responsibility. // Siliconindia;Feb2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p17
The article discusses the contribution on made by the corporate sector of India to the relief aid of the victims of tsunami disaster that rocked several countries on December 26, 2004. To move on and rebuild shattered lives, the affected need psychological help plus monetary help tempered with...
- Helping those in need. FALSON, SARAH // Manufacturers' Monthly;Feb2011, p4
The author reflects on the effect of the Queensland and Victoria floods on businesses in Australia as a whole. She argues that some companies in the country were taking advantage of the disaster instead of helping the victims. She praises the Australian Industry Group that reacted quickly by...
- More corporations are aiding with disaster relief. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 15 Issue 84, p28
Reports on the study by The Conference Board which shows the growing role of American corporations in disaster relief. Corporate donations in 1992; Atlantic Richfield Co.'s investment of the largest amount of cash in 1992; Companies' contingency budget for disasters.
- SHOCKWAVES. // Supply Management;5/22/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on Oxfam's plan to spend Â£796,000 on initial supplies for those affected by the earthquake in Sichuan province in China in May 2008. The earthquake registered 7.8 on the Richter scale. The article also reports that Chinese oil firms have guaranteed to continue to supply...
- Appeal for Pakistan relief. Albert, Angeline // Supply Management;9/30/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p12
The article reports on the appeal of Joint Aviation Coordination Centre (JACC) air operations co-ordinator, Michael Whiting on procurement professionals around the world regarding flood emergency relief in Pakistan as part of corporate social responsibilities.