Samsung Gets OCAP Nod From CableLabs
- DVB-RC return channel: A new way for cable TV. Dabadie, Isabelle // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p44
Reports on the need for interactivity in the competitive digital television market in the United States. Addition of value-added subscriber services; In-band, out-of-=band synergy.
- Meanwhile at Pam & Greg's. Jayne, Vicki // NZ Marketing Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Provides information on interactive digital television (TV). Estimated digital connections; Previous problems regarding the technology; Outlook on digital TV in New Zealand.
- RAPID RESPONSE. Reed, David // Marketing Week;5/25/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p63
Discusses speculation on the volume of traffic that interactive digital television (iDTV) will engender in Great Britain. Suppliers' use of interactive digital television to help service providers fulfill demand; Genuinely interactive services offered by Open and Telewest; Importance of...
- Creating new revenue streams for service providers. Greenall, Mike // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May2001, Issue 317, p44
Discusses the role of television and set-top box in opening opportunities relating to interactive services and applications for consumers. Introduction of consumers to digital television; Middleware programs spawned by the digital television industry; Features of next-generation set-top boxes...
- Wireless terrestrial return channel. Scalise, Fabio // TVB Europe;May2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p28
Describes the return channel for interactive digital terrestrial television. Problems with the existing traditional return paths; Advantages of Synchronous Frequency Division Multiple Access; Countries that are considering digital video broadcasting.
- Digital divide crumbling in TV world. Phipps, Jennie L. // Electronic Media;09/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p36
Focuses on developments related to digital television (DTV) in the United States as of September 25, 2000. Growth of the interactive television (ITV) market; Factors affecting the growth of DTV and ITV.
- Hold the anchovies. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p90
Editorial. Comments on interactive services being developed by cable operators. Natural outgrowths of other proven technologies, such as the Internet; Digital set-top box's provision of necessary set-top intelligence; Enabling of television viewers to watch their favorite programs when it...
- Red button interaction grows only 1% despite ad campaign. Davies, Sara // New Media Age;8/8/2002, p36
Presents the results of a survey from Continental Research, released in 2002, on the awareness of the functionality available of digital television (TV) services in Great Britain. Increase in interaction with digital TV programs; Age group which is the most likely to interact; Age group with...
- Europe pads digital TV lead as ad-funded services hit U.K. Koranteng, Juliana // Advertising Age International;Oct99, p3
Reports on the launch of three advertisement-funded digital interactive television services in Great Britain in October 1999. News Corp.'s 24-hour digital satellite venture, Open; Ventures of NTL and Cable & Wireless Communications; Implications of the launch for Europe's share of the...