ESPN's HD 'Blitz'
- DirecTv bows HDTV for Thomson set owners. Tarr // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/09/99, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p1
Reports that DirecTV Inc. has launched a high-definition television (HDTV) service and resumed the disconnection of unqualified subscribers from its distant network television services in the United States. Subscribers capable of using DirecTV's HDTV service; HDTV set required to access the...
- DirecTV Adds Third HD Channel: Showtime. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p31
Reports the launching of high definition television channel on the DBS platform by DirecTV Inc. in El Segundo, California. Date on the first transmission of the channel; Use of orbital slot for the transmission; Requirement for the channel subscription.
- Dealers Challenged To Set Expectations When Promoting DTV's 5.1 Surround. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/28/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p26
Reports that high definition television (HDTV) dealers are promoting enhanced audio quality in the United States. Challenges faced by the dealers; Options for the dealers to promote audio quality of HDTV; Dealers who are successfully promoting the audio quality.
- DirecTV Floats HD Plans; Dish Inflates Basic Rates. Brady, Shirley; Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);1/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the high definition television (HDTV) commitment of cable television network DirecTV. Announcement of a high definition digital video recorder with TiVo service and a fourth HDTV channel; Incentives being given to subscribers; Plan to double its local-channel markets at the end of 2003.
- DirecTV on the way; are buyers? Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;01/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p124
Reports that some television experts in the United State believe that DirecTV's plans to broadcast two channels of high-definition (HD) programming may cause an increase in the sales of digital television sets. Number of broadcasters expected to offer high-definition signals by the time digital...
- GolTV HD Scores DirecTV. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p76
The article provides information on the deal among DirecTV Inc. and GolTV Inc., to provide high-definition service in the U.S.
- A High-Def Tale of the Tape. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;2/17/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the launching of the high definition simulcast network (HDTV) of ESPN on March 30, 2003. Details on the regular telecast of the program; Comment from Bryan Burns, vice president of strategic planning and development, on their aim to increase awareness of the positive attributes of...
- ESPN SPORTING HIGH-DEF. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;9/26/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 82, p4
Reports on cable television network ESPN Inc.'s plan to launch a high-definitive simultaneous broadcasting service.
- ESPN HD SPORTS HIGH-DEF TV. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/28/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 60, p2
Reports on ESPN's signing of a batch of cable operators for spinoff network, ESPN HD, a high-definition television (HDTV) channel. First operators to buy ESPN HD; Operating fee for each HDTV subscriber; Estimated number of HDTV sets acquired in the United States; Advantages of ESPN HD.