SÃ TV on a Barter Spree
- XM Canada Extends CAD 11.6Mn Application Outsourcing Deal with Accenture. // GlobalSourcingNOW;2/1/2007, p6
The article reports on an application outsourcing deal extension won by Accenture from XM Canada, a Canadian communications and media company. Accenture has already designed, built and deployed software platforms, including subscriber management and customer care and billing systems, for XM...
- XM Tops 6.5 Million Subscribers. // Satellite Today;4/4/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 62, p3
This article reports on new subscribers added by XM Satellite Radio during the first quarter of 2006. Hugh Panero, president and CEO of XM, said the first quarter represented another solid quarter of growth in XM subscribers and is consistent with their goal of the number of subscribers by year...
- OtherMoves. // Brandweek;5/5/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p34
Presents an update on marketing and advertising executives in the U.S. as of May 5, 2003. Promotion at XM Satellite Radio in Washington, D.C.; Appointment of Andrew Burke at Mercury Media; Name of the marketing agency founded by former public relations executive Lisa Doherty.
- XM Retailers Are Ready, Eager. Palenchar, Joseph; Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p1
Reports on preparations made by retailers of the satellite-radio service provider XM Satellite Radio in the United States. Enumeration of retailers; Marketing strategies developed by the companies; Materials and methods used on the implementation of programs.
- Orbiting Wall Street. // Satellite News;9/19/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p9
The article presents news briefs concerning telecommunications as of September 2005. The price of the stocks of Orbimage Holdings LLC has increased in light of its agreement to purchase rival Space Imaging. XM Satellite Radio has signed a 10-year deal to become the exclusive broadcaster of the...
- 'Malcolm' in Middle of Clear Channel Deal. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;11/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p12
Reports on a marketing deal put together by Twentieth Television with Clear Channel Entertainment and XM Satellite Radio for the launching of the television program "Malcolm in the Middle." Marketing impressions expected by Twentieth Television for the program; Media value to be generated by...
- United Airlines To Offer XM On Flights. // Satellite Today;3/3/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p2
This article reports on a deal signed by United Airlines with satellite services provider XM. The airline will add up to 19 channels provided by XM Satellite Radio to the in-flight entertainment offerings. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. XM also has deals with Airtran and Jetblue.
- Sending Fans A Clear Signal. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;1/31/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the deals of satellite radio companies XM and Sirius for exclusive broadcast rights of several sporting events in the U.S. aimed to entice subscribers. Background on the negotiation of Sirius with the National Football League and XM with the Major League Baseball (MLB); Importance of...
- Stronger signals for Sirius Radio. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;5/17/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p3
Inside studios at Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.'s middle town headquarters, the joint is jumping. Sirius, the slow starter in the new field of satellite radio, is finally finding its voice. The nationwide service, which narrowly avoided bankruptcy last year, has been stabilizing its stock price,...