San Antonio's Big Conversion
- Time Warner launches VOD in Hawaii. Hogan // Multichannel News;12/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p26
Reports on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s launching of consumer video-on-demand service. Information on buy-rates; Partnership with Concurrent Computer Corp. and SeaChange International Inc.
- BROADBAND WEEK BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;06/19/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p56
Presents a news roundup concerning the broadband communications industry in the United States, as of June 19, 2000. Time Warner Cable's launch of a video-on-demand service to digital cable subscribers in Austin, Texas; Plan of nCUBE Corp. to challenge SeaChange International Inc.'s patent...
- Op Mixes, Matches VOD Gear. Monaco Hernon, Monta // Communications Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p31
The article discusses Suddenlink Communications Inc.'s launch of video-on-demand (VOD) service in Texas in October 2008. The deployment combines VOD components from two different vendors and is arrayed in a centralized architecture. Suddenlink used SeaChange International Inc.'s Axiom VOD...
- CityCable launches new SeaChange server. G.D. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 15, p68
Reports that SeaChange International's Video Server 100 is running at Time Warner CityCable in New York. What CityCable has been using SeaChange's single-channel system to do; Comments from Tom Walsh, CityCable's vice president of finance.
- Time Warner planning VOD test. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p6
Reports on Time Warner's plan to introduce a full-blown video-on-demand (VOD) test in 1999 or early 2000. Testing of deployable equipment in the field; Description of equipment used by the company for the trial; Claim by server provider SeaChange that it can put a cable provider in the VOD...
- VOD Has Three Legs in Green Bay. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the launching iControl video-on-demand services (SVOD) from Time Warner Cable of Green Bay Wisconsin. Rate for the access of SVOD; Availability of SVOD tp digital-cable subscriber; Video recorders integrated within Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Time Warner Cable preps VOD service for L.A. area. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the introduction of video-on-demand service by Time Warner Cable on its Los Angeles area cable systems. Use of nCube's server architecture to deliver films to customers; Deals with Universal, Sony and Warner Bros.; Sufficiency of products to offer to customers.
- Oxygen/Time Warner Cable Air Karaoke. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;7/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p32
The article reports on the launch of the free on-demand channel Air Karaoke from Oxygen on Demand of Time Warner Cable in Lincoln, Nebraska. Oxygen has introduced the Watch to Win sweepstakes as a way to promote the free on-demand service. It is said that Air Karaoke plays on Oxygen on Demand...
- Time Warner Brings VOD to NYC. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p8
Reports the launching of the video-on-demand service of Time Warner Cable in New York City. Emphasis on transactional content; Availability of hit movies from Hollywood; Subscription details; Prices of the cable stocks.