Starz On Demand Gets 'Incredible'
- Starz Lines Up Universal for SVOD Distribution. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p8
Reports the subscription video-on demand offerings of Starz Encore Group LLC in the United States. Acquisition of rights to releases and library titles from Universal Studios; Terms of the deal; Access to all of the studio partner's movie content.
- Hello, Please Try Our VOD Free-For NOW. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p54
Deals with the use of telemarketing in promoting subscription video-on-demand (VOD) product. Remarks from Greg DePrez, Starz Encore Group vice president-subscription VOD; Problems faced by telemarketers from targeted subscribers; Plans of Starz once VOD becomes successful.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 15, 2004. Retention of private investment firm The Blackstone Group as financial advisor of RCN Corp.; Appointment of Jerry Maglio as executive vice president of Starz Encore Group LLC; Primetime presentation to be aired by...
- Starz Encore, Metabyte Team For Video-On-Demand Services. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/18/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the video-on-demand service deal between California-based Metabyte Networks Inc. and Starz Encore Group as of September 18, 2000. Details of the business agreement; Company background.
- Starz Gets Real With Broadcast SVOD. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p20
Reports that U.S.-based cable television networks Starz Encore Group LLC and Real Networks Inc. will offer a broadband-based online subscription video-on-demand service as of 2003. Consumers who can buy movies online through the facility; Price of subscription for the facility; Efforts of Real...
- SPEEDING VOD. // Variety;5/6/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 12, p8
Reports that Paramount TV has sold the exclusive rights of motion picture titles to Malone's Starz! for its subscription-video-on-demand service. Cost of the video-on-demand service.
- Altrio Results Provoke New SVOD Bent for Starz. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p28
Encouraged by early returns from a launch in a Los Angeles, California cable overbuild, Starz Encore Group LLC may expand its push to package a premium service or multiplex alongside subscription video-on-demand (SOVD). As part of the marketing efforts in Arcadia, Monrovia and Pasadena in...
- TiVo, Starz ink PPV pact. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;09/19/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 12, p3
Reports on digital video recording service TiVo's partnership with cabler Starz Encore Group to jointly develop subscription video on demand and pay-per-view services. Terms of the agreement; TiVo's partnership with the Professional Golf Association Tour to create merchandise and...
- 'Extremely Loud' payoff. Stewart, Andrew // Variety;1/30/2012, Vol. 425 Issue 11, p21
The article discusses the box office revenue of the motion picture "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" prior to the January 24, 2012 announcement that the film had been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture.