Current Adds to Its Roster
- Rome plugs into Current. Vivarelli, Nick // Daily Variety;5/9/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 25, p13
The article reports on the launching of an Italian outpost of Current TV in Rome, Italy by former U.S. Vice President Al Gore. The launch marks the first localized, non-English-language version of his youth-oriented Web. Current TV will be aired on Rupert Murdoch's Sky Italia paybox, which has...
- In the Courts. // CableFAX Daily;3/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p2
Reports that an Ohio judge has ordered former U.S. Vice President Al Gore to testify in a trademark suit against Current TV. Details of the lawsuit; Rejection of the request by Current TV that Gore provide answers in writing; Other lawsuit filed by Current TV.
- A CURRENT SITUATION. Johnson, Ted; Abrams, Rachel // Daily Variety;1/4/2013, Vol. 317 Issue 60, p3
The article focuses on the acquisition of Current TV LLC, a television channel, by the media organization Al Jazeera America.
- Gore cabler is thinking bigger now. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;2/10/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 29, p2
The article reports on the programming of co-founder Al Gore's Current TV network in 2011 and on sportscaster and writer Keith Olbermann's move to the network.
- Cablers on convention brand wagon. // Daily Variety;8/9/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 28, p4
The article reports that former U.S. Vice President Al Gore will be heading the coverage Current TV LLC cable network of the Republican and Democratic conventions along with lawyer Eliot Spitzer, Cenk Uygur, and politician Jennifer Granholm.
- Italo auds stay Current with first Web drama skein. Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;11/9/2009, Vol. 416 Issue 13, p16
The article reports on "Frammenti," an Italian language drama series that is being screened on an Internet web site. Central to the article is the observation that "Frammenti" is the first scripted drama developed by Current TV, a web television enterprise founded by Al Gore, the former...
- Gore's Current TV flows to Blighty. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;3/13/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 52, p5
The article reports that Current TV, the U.S. cable television channel that relies on user-generated content for a third of its schedule, is planning to move into more overseas market. The company's Web chairman, Al Gore, went to England to launch British version of Current. Gore said that...
- Al Jazeera Plans U.S. Invasion, With Currency. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p6
The article informs that the television network Al Jazeera has acquired the U.S.-based media company Current TV LLC and announces plans for a U.S.-based news network to be called Al Jazeera America.
- Al Jazeera gets Current. Marechal, A. J.; Abrams, Rachel // Daily Variety;1/3/2013, Vol. 317 Issue 59, p1
The article reports that Al Jazeera, a Middle East news organization, has acquired cabler Current TV LLC in a deal valued at $500 million to expand its U.S. presence.