Net Goes Local in L.A
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p3
Presents updates in the television (TV) industry in the U.S. as of April 3, 2006. Information on the channels launched by Comcast; Availability of the TV show on video-on-demand service; Reason behind the delay on the launching of animated series "Cooleyville."
- VERIZON FIOS OFFERS KID-FRIENDLY SUMMER FARE. Hecht, Isabella // Home Media Magazine;7/20/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p11
The article reports on the offering by Verizon FiOS TV and FiOS Internet of summer entertainment that is both child-friendly and educational in July 2009. About 1,000 children's programs are offered through the video-on-demand service of FiOS TV. The shows are content from Discovery Kids, the...
- WHERE IS MAD MEN'S NETFLIX BUMP? O'CONNELL, MICHAEL // Hollywood Reporter;4/25/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 15, p18
The article reports on the negative impact of Netflix and other subscription video on demand (SVOD) platforms on the ratings of the seventh and final season of the television series "Mad Men."
- Let's Praise (Not Bury) Linear TV. Quartararo, Ron // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 45, p24
The article presents the author's views on the concept of on-demand web broadcasting service, an alternative channel of distribution, and its effect on the linear broadcast model. The author states that the linear television model is ideal for an event-driven medium. It is stated that the model...
- HULU ON YOUR iPHONE. // Technotrends Newsletter;Jul2010, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p4
The article presents information on Hulu Plus, a new subscription service from Hulu which offers on-demand streaming video of television shows and movies, to allow users to view videos on iPads and iPhones.
- Comcast Feeds VOD To TV-Show Bingers. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;3/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p3
The article focuses on the rising era of the video on demand service to catch up missed television shows, movies and other entertainment videos using broadcast and cable networks in the U.S.
- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;3/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p3
The table of contents for the March 11, 2013 issue of the periodical "Multichannel News" is presented.
- C3, C7, Who Cares? The Future Is DAI. COTTINGHAM, J. R. // Multichannel News;12/1/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p33
In this article, the author discusses future prospects of dynamic ad insertion (DAI) method wherein highly rated television series will be brought to viewers on-demand with limited or no commercial interruption by sponsors.
- For Linear TV, Move Beyond Legacy Thinking. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p2A
Focuses on two television programs of Fox Cable Networks Group on video-on-demand (VOD) technology of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s interactive platform. Promotional exposure gained by Fox Cable by free telecast of the programs; Reasons for the removal of advertisements during the programs; Plans...