Cable Positive Honors Adelphia's Tagliente
- Fighting What's Truly Indecent: HIV/AIDS. Villano, Steve // Multichannel News;4/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p39
Presents a speech by Steve Villano, president and CEO of Cable Positive, delivered at a fund-raising dinner in New York on March 30, 2004. Vaccine of AIDS education; Technology of cable and the Internet; Emergence of HIV infections among young women.
- Symonds Says…. Symonds, Curtis // CableFAX Daily;3/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p4
Comments on the conflict between Cable Positive head Steve Villano and some of his board members. Plan of Villano to invite telephone companies and direct broadcast satellite operators into his organization; Benefits of his plan; Efforts of Villano in promoting AIDS and HIV awareness programs.
- Take the Lead in the AIDS Fight. Villano, Steve // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p37
Presents an excerpt from the remarks given by Steve Villano, president and CEO of Cable Positive, during the Carole Positive! An Evening to Benefit Cable Positive held in May 2005, which deals with AIDS awareness and prevention.
- A Vision of a Dream Fulfilled. // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p45
Focuses on the remarks made by Steve Villano, the president of Cable Positive at the organizations' 'Positively Visionary' benefit dinner held in May 1, 2003 in New York. Honor given to two executives from the television broadcasting industry for efforts made in delivering life-saving...
- REWIRED AT THE TOP. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;1/20/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p10
Reports the appointment of William Schleyer and Ronald Cooper as presidents and chief executive officers of Adelphia Communications in the U.S. Career background of the two executives; Factors contributing to the bankruptcy of the company; Trial of founder and chairman John Rigas.
- ADELPHIA GETS ITS MAN. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);1/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p5
Speculates on the appointment of Bill Schleyer as chief executive officer of cable operator Adelphia Communications. Issues that kept Schleyer from accepting the position; Problems faced by the operator.
- Adelphia to Revamp Board Name CEO at Year-End. Figler, Andrea; Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);8/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p10
Deals with the plan of Erland Kailbourne, acting chief executive officer of Adelphia, to revamp the corporate governance of the cable operator. Plan to appoint a CEO and board members by December 2002; Efforts of Kailbourne to restore credibility to the cable multiple system operator.
- Adelphia CEO Search On With Schleyer on the List. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the search for chief executive officer (CEO) for Adelphia Communications Corp. Prospects of William Schleyer, CEO of AT&T Corp.'s broadband as a suitable candidate; Profile of other candidates for the post of CEO; Business problems faced by Adelphia.
- NOT SO FAST. Figler, Andrea; Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);1/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the plans of the board of directors of Adelphia Communications to meet on January 14, 2003 to alter a compensation package and then hire Bill Schleyer as chief executive officer despite efforts to stop them. Number of attorneys representing the bankrupt firm Adelphia; Result of the...