THROUGH THE WIRE
- LOCAL LISTINGS. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;06/04/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p29
Presents television broadcasting-related news in various parts of the United States recent as of July 2001. KJRH-TV's coverage of the U.S. Open Golf Championship in Tulsa, Oklahoma; Role of KCBS-TV's investigative report on the indictment of top managers of California car dealership Gunderson...
- THOUGH The Wire. // Multichannel News;9/12/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p4
The article offers new briefs related to the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. such as the coverage of the U.S. Open Tennis championships by CBS Television Network and Spike TV's use of the audience-participation system from Loyalize to allow real-time voting during the live season...
- 'Open' Season in N.Y. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/24/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p8
The article reports on the partnership between the ESPN and Tennis Channel Inc. to cover the U.S. Open Tennis tournament from August 31 through September 13, 2009. The networks have reached a six-year deal with the U.S. Tennis Association to provide a round-the-clock coverage of the four grand...
- Latin Grammys bow with bland ratings. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;09/15/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 10, p4
Announces the ratings posted by United States premier telecast of the Latin Grammy Awards in September 13, 2000. Guest performers and awardees; Average number of viewers; Comparison with other music award programs; Ratings posted by other programs.
- A Solid Net Game. Miller, Stuart // Broadcasting & Cable;8/28/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 34, p22
The article emphasizes the uncertainty of television networks on the number of viewers that the 2006 U.S. Open tennis tournament will attract. Advertisers always invest in the tournament because it presents an opportunity for them to get the attention of male viewers. The fact that the 2006...
- What to Watch SATURDAY. Shaw, Jessica; Snierson, Dan // Entertainment Weekly;5/21/2010, Issue 1103, p71
A preview of the television broadcast of the Revolver Golden Gods Awards, hosted by Andrew W.K. and Chris Jericho and scheduled to air on May 22, 2010, is presented.
- AMA's Move Favors ABC. Newman, Melinda; Hay, Carla // Billboard;11/29/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 48, p10
Reports on the television ratings of the broadcast of the American Music Awards. percentage of the audience share of the awards show; Features of the awards show; Prediction of producer Dick Clark regarding the future broadcast of the American Music Awards.
- LETTER FROM THE CEO. Genovese, Tammy // CMA Close Up;Oct/Nov2008, p3
The article focuses on the coverage development of the annual Country Music Association Inc. (CMA) Awards in the U.S. She claims that the event has announced the nominees for 2008 live from ABC Television Network's program "Good Morning America." She notes that in 2007, its collaboration with...
- TNT, Nick Sizzle In August. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p25
Reports on the primetime ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. from July 25 to August 31, 2003. Year-to-year rating of Turner Network Television; Rating of Nickelodeon; Several networks with low ratings during the period; Rating of the television program "2003 Video Music Awards."