Army National Guard: Enhanced Brigade Readiness Improved but Personnel and Workload Are Problems: NSIAD-00-114
- Disaster Relief After Hurricane Lili. Turner, Thomas M. // Engineer;Oct-Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p36
Details the involvement of the U.S. National Guard in the disaster preparation and relief operation after Hurricane Lili made its way through Louisiana in October 2002. Phases of the operation; Structure of engineer battalions formed; Problems with disaster relief materials encountered by...
- On Guard. Boyce, Clayton // Traffic World;11/12/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 46, p5
Editorial. Focuses on the role of the National Guard and Reserves in national defense in the United States. Continuation of health care and life insurance benefits; Regulation of the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act; Support of Norfolk Southern Railway for the...
- Citizen Warriors in KOREA. Martin, Wes // Officer;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses the important role of Reserve Component troops in the U.S. It states that Reserve and National Guard forces have played a very important role in the defense of the Republic of Korea (ROK). Likewise, the military troops are responsible for keeping South Korea in safe...
- NG Diversity Awards. // Army Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p58
Reports that the U.S. National Guard Bureau has honored states, units, soldiers and airmen.
- House Approves Extended Benefits for Soldiers, Reservists. Pekow, Charles // Community College Week;6/4/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p10
The article reports on the approval of the National Defense Authorization Act by the U.S. House. The act will extend the education benefits of military enlistees. Selected Reserve members may avail of the education benefits provided by the act given that they remain members of the U.S. Army...
- DOD Announces Increase in Foreign Language Pay. Wood, Sara // All Hands;Aug2006, Issue 1072, p11
The article reports that the maximum monthly pay for active-duty service members who are proficient in another language will be increased to $1,000 and the National Guard and Reserve members will be offered a $6,000 per year bonus.
- More ARNG in 10th SFOR Rotation. Snyder, Lisa Beth // Soldiers;Nov2000, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the increase in the number of United States National Guard soldiers who served in Bosnia since the end of the ethnic fighting in 1995. Significant contribution of citizen-soldiers to international peacekeeping activities; Basic job of the soldiers in Bosnia.
- Editor's Notebook: Carrying the Weight. Parker, Andrew // Rotor & Wing;9/15/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on 38 casualties due to shooting down of military helicopter of the U.S. Army National Guard, Boeing CH-47D Chinook in the Wardak province of Afghanistan on August 6, 2011. It mentions that the 38 casualties comprises of 30 soldiers of the U.S. military force and eight are...
- A Proud Year for the Guard. Haskell, Bob // Soldiers;Mar2004, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p30
Points out that 2003 was a proud year for the U.S. Army National Guard. Call on the Guard to support the Army and civil authorities waging the global war against terrorism; Year that the Army Guard got back into the missile-defense business; Conversion of artillery troops into military police...