On the Market
- CONTENT ANALYSIS: Promises, Promises. Guler, Sadiye; Witte, Bruce De // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p54
Focuses on the use of video content analysis (VCA) or VCA technology for surveillance systems. Advantages of the use of VCA technology; Requirement of an integrated system examination of the end user's current video security system; Integration of VCA system with security monitoring systems. ...
- securex 2003 show guide. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p15
Presents information on Securex 2003, a trade show of the security systems sector in Great Britain. Exhibitors; Products that will be exhibited; Highlights of the event.
- It's Value Engineering. Spano, Rick // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2005, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p38
Looks into the integration of new security systems in companies. Factors to consider when designing an integrated system; Identification of management tools that most access and fire control systems offer as standard features; Benefits of acquiring an interfaced system.
- Audio Verifies Alarm Activations During Storm. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p15
Discusses the prevalence of alarm systems' audio capabilities in determining the validity of the alarms of customers during heavy storms according to Sonitrol dealers, Sonitrol of Miami and Sonitrol of Orlando Inc. Instances that test the effectiveness of the audio capabilities of the alarm systems.
- What's Wrong with This? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p41
The article focuses on the faulty installation of a wireless security system for a residential account consisting of 14 door/window transmitters, four motion transmitters, five smoke detector transmitters and five carbon monoxide detectors. The installation is shown in a diagram. The problem...
- INTEGRATION: THE END-USERS' PERSPECTIVE. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p66
The article focuses on the integration of the security systems of end users by limiting the products they use to one set system that they replicate whenever possible. Security systems should be standardized. Manufacturers should develop open architecture and plug-and-lay systems that would give...
- County Security Systems Are Linked Through Operations Center Remodeling. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p115
The article highlights the development of a complete security system overhaul for Hennepin County, Minnesota by VTI Security Integrators (VTI). Founded in 1980, VTI had built a 20-year relationship working with Hennepin County. The partnership began with basic and standalone systems located at...
- New aesthetic key switch. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p38
Features a key switch known as StopperKey manufactured by Safety Technology International Ltd. for areas where casual switch activation is discouraged and can only be activated by using a unique key.
- Lockedâ€¦But Is It Secure? Ahrens, Sean A. // Government Security;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses potential threats to building security caused by the practice of "lock bumping." Lock bumping allows anyone to access keyed locks with a minimum of skill and costs. A discussion of how lock bumping is done, as well as suggestions for maintaining a building's security system...