INCIDENT REPORTING: Real-time Talk
- Parking Strategies COLLIDE. Schnitzer, Glenn S. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p28
The article evaluates the parking security system of the Massachusetts General Hospital which operates four parking garages from within its main campus. Talk-A-Phone Emergency Phone units were picked and integrated with security video to gain full audio and visual capability from within the...
- Magic Lantern concerns. Connolyy, P.J. // InfoWorld;12/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p62
Focuses on the use of the Magic Lantern security tool in the United States. Detection of police spyware; Accessibility of the tool or other software for use by law enforcement; Disadvantages of the tool on customers.
- Private-public cooperation at heart of national study. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p186
Gives information on Operation Cooperation, a project which is aimed at bringing together law enforcement and private agencies. Information on the outcome of a study which can create thinking and acceleration progress on privatization efforts; Who is funding the project.
- Idaho Students Have Mixed Views on Campus Gun Law. JOHNSON, KIRSTEN // Community College Week;4/28/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p13
The article discusses the law signed by Idaho Governor C. L. Otter that allows retired law enforcement and those with permits to bring firearms into public college and university campuses. Topics covered include the mixed views of local college students about the law, arguments presented by...
- College to train on weapons of mass destruction awareness. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p25
This article reports that Debra Fuchs Nadeau of Sullivan County BOCES Prevention Services will be hosting a one-day course dealing with Weapons of Mass Destruction Awareness (WMD) training at the Sullivan County BOCES Administration Building on Wierk Avenue in Liberty, New York, on May 5 from...
- Advancing Communications. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;1/5/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the possible increase in the price of the bond package of Pima County, Arizona, with the addition of a regional radio communication system. Replacement and updating of antiquated law enforcement and fire department communication systems throughout the area; Recognition of the need to...
- Paradigm4 product aids law enforcement. // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p29
Reports on SmartPartner Pager, a wireless data service unveiled by Paradigm4 to provide United States law enforcement officers with the ability to access critical information from local, state and federal criminal databases.
- Tour Systems Match Diverse Officer Missions. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p60
The article focuses on the significant use of the guard tour systems in the missions of law enforcers in the U.S. These systems have a diversity of data collection schemes which can audit the tours. The systems give signal to the central station or the law enforcement agency. It helps to collect...
- The Other Mass Spectrometry. Hurst, Jeff // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p14
Presents information on Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS) which is used in law enforcement and in airport security. How the technology works; Other applications of IMS.