Hearst Castle's Safety Moat
- a castle for the chief. Boisson, Steve // Aviation History;May2001, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p22
Features the Hearst-San Simeon State Historical Monument, better known as Hearst Castle and dubbed the 'Enchanted Hill' of newspaper publisher William Randolph Hearst. History; Attractions; Trip planner. INSET: hearts castle.
- a castle for the chief. Boisson, Steve // World War II;May2001, Vol. 16 Issue 1, Special Section p22
Explores the history of the Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument or Hearst Castle. How publisher William Randolph Hearst started his business; Background on the castle's architect; Name of its cottages; Interior decor of its guest houses; Visions of Hearst for his castle.
- PFP for stell framed buildings. Morris, O. P. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p11
This article presents the author's comment on issue related to fire protection. Indeed, most Passive Fire Protection in buildings will he subjected only to internal exposure conditions, manly in dry, well ventilated or air conditioned areas--where there is little danger of degradation of the...
- Seven Steps to Save Lives & Protect Property. Jaugstetter, Pat // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p58
Presents the U.S. Fire Equipment Manufacturer's Association's "Seven Simple Steps to Life Safety," collection of fire safety tips. Knowledge of the codes and standards; Assessment of the building; Standard for portable fire extinguishers; Formulation of a safety plan involving standpipe fire...
- VESDA safeguards Heart and Lung unit. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p43
This article reports that Vision Systems Inc.'s VESDA early warning smoke detection system was specified as the primary line of fire defence in Wolverhampton's new flagship Heart and Lung Centre at New Cross Hospital. Spread over three floors, the centre has been specifically designed for...
- What's that noise? Broughton, Mike; Choppen, Bob; Jones, Vivian; Stockwell, Nigel // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p11
Argues that there is a need for a standard alarm tone or tones reserved for fire alarm use. Role played by audible signals; Indication of the widespread use of audible alarms; Approach to standards for fire detection and alarm systems in the country.
- Less 'Taxing' Fire System. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p48
Highlights the quality of products and services offered by Fire Systems Design. Company history; Details of the system installed by the company in the General Services Administration; Value of the installation.
- New fire standards. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that four new fire standards have recently been published by British Standards Institution. Two are concerned with fire detection and fire alarm devices, one covers smoke and heat control and the other. BS 4422:2005 gives definitions for terms specific to. and in general use...
- 'HOTTEST' & 'COLDEST' CITIES FOR FIRE ALARMS. Whitehurst, Lindsay // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p53
Discusses the results of the survey by the "SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing" magazine in the United States titled " Consumer Study, Workplace & Home Security." Focus on security measures used in the workplace; Information on fire alarm laws and installations in several cities; Fire alarm...