FYI on RFID
- Outwitting Card Forgers. Blank, Eric // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2004, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the risk and potential liabilities of radio frequency identification technologies for card forgers. Aid of the technologies to security management of companies; Need for security to constantly look to more advance methods to protect companies, employees and customers; Offer of a...
- The Uproar Over RFID. Mandelblit, Bruce // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2004, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p38
Reports on the debate about radio frequency identification (RFID). Rapid growth of the technology in the security systems form card access to asset tracking; Benefits of the technology for manufacturers and retailers; Reliance of RFID on miniature and relatively inexpensive microchips.
- Trucks to Get ID Cards? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p30
Reports that Bob Cool, a Georgia Southern University professor is developing a nationwide system based on radio frequency identification (RFID) devices at truck weigh stations and law enforcement vehicles to gather information for a national truck tracking center; Existing RFID applications;...
- DHS Proposes Vicinity RFID for Ports of Entity. Rothman, Paul // Government Security;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the proposal of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the use of vicinity radio frequency identification (RFID) technology for further security at the ports in the country. To be compatible with the U.S. Department of State's new PASSport card, the vicinity of RFID...
- Phased Implementation v. Big Bang. Hassan, Masood // Frontline Solutions;Sep2005, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the phased and big bang implementation of technique of radio frequency identification systems in the U.S. Pros and cons of each implementation technique; Conparison with the concurrent approach.
- RFID Middleware Market Needs Clarification. // Frontline Solutions;Sep2005, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the confusion about the so-called radio frequency identification (RFID) system middleware market in the U.S. Concept of RFID middleware; Projected growth of the market.
- Tagging along. Davis, Steve // Health Facilities Management;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p20
Deals with the use of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology in hospitals in the U.S. Reason behind the installation of RFID system at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital; Types of RFID tags; Estimated cost of an RFID system. INSET: Tagging along: Three types of RFID tags.
- Radio-Frequency ID Tags Everywhere. Marien, Michael // Future Survey;Jan2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
Reports on an increased use of radio-frequency identification technology by 2010. Items that already use the tags.
- Active RFID Will Redefine Wireless Infrastructures. Kevan, Tom // Frontline Solutions;Oct2004, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p27
Reports on a new wireless infrastructure that eliminates concerns about cost and power consumption and enhances asset management in 2004. Active radio frequency identification tags; Mesh networking; Wireless sensors.