News & Notes
- Controls distributor uses high-tech inventory system. Alter, James M. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/4/95, Vol. 196 Issue 14, p28
Profiles the Controlco Automation Distributors, a company specializing in controls technology. George Johnson as president; Company history; Principal product lines; Development of n electronic data interface (EDI); Members of the management team; Applications of the laptop computers that each...
- News & Notes. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2006, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p10
The article provides updates related to security systems in the U.S. After the airing of the footage of the stabbing incident on a Cleveland trolley which was captured by the transportation video surveillance system, police were given more tips as to the arrest of the culprit. DHL Mexico chose...
- Wachovia Installing March Video System. Bills, Steve // American Banker;7/20/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 138, p11
Reports that Wachovia Corp. of Charlotte is installing a digital-video security system at its branches and international offices from March Networks Corp. Description of the system that will be installed; Comment from David Smith, vice president at Wachovia.
- On the Market. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p75
Features various security products available in the market as of September 2005. Remote monitoring cameras from Digi International Inc.; Cabinets with alarm from Safety Technology International Inc.; Access control software from Compass Technologies.
- Product Showcase. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2005, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p28
Features various computer software for security management of buildings in the U.S. Key features of the 5E software, developed by Compass Technologies Inc.; System requirements of the visitor identification software EasyLobby Secure Visitor Management from EasyLobby Inc.; Capabilities of the S2...
- Effective Alarm Monitoring. Wicks, Sean // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2004, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p32
Explores the ways involve in the implementation of centralized monitoring system. Characteristic of intrusion, motion and tamper alarms to be monitored at the security control room by the security staff; Options for companies with multinational operations to develop a sophisticated reporting...
- TECHNOLOGY ON THE LINE. Rothman, Paul // Government Security;Apr2004, p20
Discusses the actions taken by the United States government in protecting its borders. Description of several technology tools which were used in protecting the nation's borders; Outline of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act which was enacted by the Congress in November 2001. INSET:...
- Tools of the Master Planning Trade. Collins, Kurt W. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p36
The article discusses why organizations need a master security plan and how to go about assembling and implementing the plan. Creating a security master plan calls for a lot of homework including the need to know the existing and future needs of the business enterprise. The baselining of current...
- Easy to Wear IDs. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2004, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p49
Reports on developments in industrial identification cards (IDs) and badges. Design features of IDs that make them easier to use; Accessories that can help convince employees to wear their IDs; Companies that manufacture multifunctional IDs. INSET: Show It Off.