Putting the Client First: Fees and Commissions in Variable Annuity Contracts
- Efficiency Experts. Reinhart, Len // Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p43
Presents guidelines for maximizing tax efficiency in financial planning. Selling points of separate accounts; Changes in tax-efficient money management; Background on tax-lot optimization.
- VA's Victorious at Tax Time. Huggard, John P. // Financial Planning;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p119
Presents several tax-based reasons for choosing a variable annuity over a mutual fund to meet the long-term savings needs of a financial planner client. Clarification on various investment myths concerning mutual funds; Discussion on hidden tax costs in mutual funds; Information on the marginal...
- The Pluses and Minuses of Variable Annuities. Kriesel, William T. // CPA Journal;Sep2015, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p26
The article discusses the advantages and disadvantages of variable annuities. Topics discussed include the distrust expressed by several accountants with regard to the use of variable annuities and consideration for the enhanced benefit riders that fit clients' particular needs. Taxation and...
- Fund Documents' Hidden Gems. ROSEEN, TOM // On Wall Street;Mar2013, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p39
The article emphasizes the significance of disclosures to limit the impact of taxes on returns. It notes that hidden information could help advisors add incremental returns to clients' investments. The author explains the importance of taxes, along with ideas on how advisors could use after-tax...
- PFP BRIEFS. // Accounting Today;7/10/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p18
Presents news briefs on personal financial planning in the U.S. Increase in client numbers of fee-only financial advisors; Results of the 2006 Survey of Financial Planning Trends by the College for Financial Planning; Launch of Lincoln Financial's variable annuity Income4Life innovation: 4Later...
- The Tax Advantages of VAs in Today's World. // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug2010, Vol. 18 Issue 8, pA1
The article focuses on the essentiality of variable annuities (VAs) to provide tax flexibility and control helping assets to grow in a tax-deferred manner in the U.S. VAs allow buyers to change their asset allocation buying and selling investments without facing a tax hit. The capability of VAs...
- CE Quiz September 2004. // Financial Planning;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p170
Presents a quiz about the topics discussed in the September 2004 issue of "Financial Planning." Use of installment plan in settling a tax shelter case with the authorities; Basis of the cost of protection features in variable annuities; Information on unified managed accounts.
- Invest with tax strategies in mind, start now. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;03/16/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p24
Offers tips for investing in the United States, which take taxation issues into consideration. Information on how investments are taxed; Capital gains; Mutual funds; Investment strategies recommended.
- Last-Minute Strategies. Klott, Gary // On Wall Street;Dec2001, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p88
Discusses tax-saving ideas in investing. Charitable contributions; College savings plan; Club charges; Alternative minimum tax.