Toward a Virtuous Future: The Framing of Wisdom
- Mimicking Portfolios with Conditioning Information. Ferson, Wayne; Siegel, Andrew F.; Xu, Pisun (Tracy) // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p607
Mimicking portfolios have long been useful in asset pricing research, in most empirical applications, the portfolio weights are assumed to be fixed over time, while in theory they may he functions of the economic slate. This paper derives and characterizes mimicking portfolios in the presence of...
- What's your net worth? Rosen, Steve // Women in Business;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p11
Offers an easy-to-follow financial physical that determines your net worth and can help you set realistic financial goals. Definition of your net worth; How your assets can be divided into two categories; Advice on totaling your assets; Personal balance sheet to assess your current net worth.
- History instills valuable investment lessons, morals. Corbin, David; Villegas, Melissa // Fort Worth Business Press;6/13/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p34
Offers tips on managing investments. Need to let the buyer always set the initial price; Supremacy of markets over one individual or a firm; Difficulty of changing an established market system.
- New strategy brings dividends. // Finance Week;4/13/2005, p62
This article focuses on the strategic changes implemented by Sanlam company. One of the most important strategic changes that Sanlam implemented in the management of its property portfolio in 2002 was splitting the asset and property management functions. However, at the beginning of 2002 the...
- Extreme spice in Australia. Yearsley, Ben // Money Marketing;8/25/2005, p20
Reports that the ACDS Australian Natural Resources Fund from Oceanic Asset Management will invest in small to medium-size cap stocks. Addition of to other commodity funds on the financial market; Discussion of the fund's features and benefits; Web site for more information on the investment.
- MONEY MANAGEMENT Q&As. Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;10/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 19, p89
Presents question and answer advisory on money management in the U.S. Probability of spouse to share in a children's trust; Suitable deals when selling houses; Factors to be considered in investing on convertible corporate bonds.
- Time for a Portfolio "Spring Cleaning?" Decker, Gary // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);5/18/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p3
The author offers advice on updating an investment portfolio. The author suggests to avoid redundant and overloaded stock portfolio, checking automatic investments, reviewing the insurance policy to determine if the coverage is still appropriate and checking the beneficiary designations in...
- SCAM. // Fund Strategy;4/5/2010, p35
The article focuses about Second Coming Asset Management (SCAM). It presents the author's views about the keydata fund launch by the company's chairman following the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). Moreover, the author also commented on the investment opportunity that can be...
- Wanted: An Audit Committee Financial Expert. McNamara, William C. // New Jersey CPA;Jul/Aug2008, p8
The article focuses on the role of an audit committee in ensuring proper management of financial statements of companies in New Jersey. It states that the audit committee is tasked to enhance recording and reporting of transactions from monitoring to valuing of corporate assets. It also mentions...