Gee, Some Health Insurance Premiums Decline
- Health Savings Accounts: A tax-advantaged way to reduce health insurance costs. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);5/13/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
The article offers information on the concept of Health Savings Account (HSA) that will help reduce the health insurance cost.
- South African MSA experience inspires prospects for innovation. Albertson, David // Employee Benefit News;09/15/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p92
Deals with the report by Shaun Matisonn, risk management actuary for insurance firm Discovery Health, concerning the status of Medical Savings Accounts (MSA), a type of health insurance plan in South Africa. Role of deregulation in the entry of health insurance plans in South Africa; Popularity...
- Not convinced. // Finweek;2/3/2011, p39
The article presents a letter in which the author doubts on the medical savings plan in offering and the alternative of a medical debit or credit card.
- MSAs a hard sell because of restrictions, analysts say. Richard, Christine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/05/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p27
Discusses reasons behind the low level of acceptance for the United States government's medical savings account (MSA) program. Complexity posed by the savings account's high deductibility; Difficulty of explaining to consumers how an MSA works; Attraction of yearly savings in premiums and...
- MSA sales not meeting expectations. Barlow, Saideh // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/21/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p19
Reports on the minimal sales of medical savings accounts (MSA) in the United States. Federal government's delivery of MSA; Self-employed and small companies as target demographics; Limitation of the product's market base.
- Constraints hinder MSA sales, insurer says. Barlow, Saideh // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/21/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p23
Reports on government restrictions' effect on the sales of medical savings accounts in the United States. Popularity of MSA among employees; Minimal growth in the sales of the product; Limitation of holders' contribution to their accounts.
- The Eclipse MediSave America Council. Jones, Chuck // LAN: Life Association News;Sep97, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p46
Presents reactions to the Eclipse MediSave America Council's marketing of medical savings accounts as a tax-advantaged way to save for retirement. Criticisms of promotion as a wealth accumulation account; Advantages; Suggestions for caution.
- Investing in Medical Savings Accounts. McKigney, Darrell // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/10/2001, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the expansion of access to Medical Savings Accounts (MSA) in the United States. Replacement of the health insurance by MSA; Use of the unspent medical savings for retirement savings; Advantages of MSA over the traditional insurance.
- Segment sales: don't blame the broker. BRAZZELL, BONNIE; LOWERRE, GIL // Benefits Selling;Sep2011, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p30
The article presents the last of a three-part series on voluntary health insurance sales in the U.S. according to the annual 2010 U.S. Worksite Sales Report, focusing on results by distributor segment. It reminds that voluntary sales were down for the first time to 5.243 billion U.S. dollars,...